FAM3: REDEMPTION [THREAD 5] - [d4 - TOWN WIN] FAM3 if Marluxion was instantaneously killed (real)

life could be dreaaaam

1 Like

I got a quote. If anybody wanted a quote, they should have simply repeated the same phrases over and over again so often that any further explanation is completely unnecessary. Many people are saying this!

1 Like

really really enjoyable game - thanks hosts and thanks players

probably won’t play again until next FAM and i’m really happy ending on this one

5 Likes

I mean, I probably deserved to get tinfoiled, it wasn’t my finest game and I was also just getting REALLY tired from literally travelling the week this was going on which just sinked my WIM.

Somehow I was right on Leafia despite me not knowing the mech that they killed their mafia teammate. I thought slanktai (insomnia) did that because of the thing I saw with them freaking out about thinking that them giving a fruit to Gorta meant a cop check on them.

Yes this is how disconnected I was to the game,
But I am pretty happy with the case when I connected Leafia to May that I made.

Plus my role with the alt was weird for an overthinker like me to play around, like I just didn’t have the WIM to be super towny under that alt, but I also wanted to keep it alive too so it was just a strange position to be in.

Like I was POE anyways and I didn’t think you treated me bad tbh. Like I just kind of default scumread you because that’s what I do when I don’t read super close into you. I apologize for that.

I just wasn’t clear town this game, you don’t have to feel bad for me in recognizing that.

1 Like

Which site doesn’t?

Towny mindmeld

1 Like

but yeah GGs everyone!

I am the first person in FAM history to win as town TWICE in one game

5 Likes

you are also the first person in FAM history to win as town twice - Italy was the only town member who won last FAM, and no town won the first one, and Italy randed wolf in this one

7 Likes

Who won last FAM and what was I?

Hey I have an account now I can be @'d!

It’s really hard to say how much it was town-sided given that the wolves pretty much guarantee lose in almost all worlds when 11/14 die by day 2 including literally all roles with KP. The setup (and mash setups in general if they’re even remotely balanced) will mechanically stranglehold wolves eventually. They need kills to keep up with potential clears. All of my potential changes to this setup would not change the outcome in the slightest.

That being said, the Litten role was overtuned and gained twice as much accuracy as I had modeled, and I’m not sure if I failed to read it correctly or knew it was overtuned and the fixed version I modeled was never properly communicated or we just forgot to update the last draft. That was far and away the most egregious miscalc role.

Ransomware needed more restrictions on the games you could submit scores for, and it almost definitively should not have been claimable.

I would tinker with the Magnus/Camera role more. It was powerful, but still too clunky in the end. The confusion led to submission missing a choice (that frankly we should have required) and the wolves lost what should have been a guaranteed full cop inspect. Granted we did actually research what taking snapshots was going to look like and figured it would most likely be a double full cop on n1 but this game it ended getting 0 lol.

Queen role was based on a role from another mash I ran, and this version was pretty substantially nerfed. I probably overnerfed it slightly, but I cannot emphasize enough how nothing I would’ve changed about it would have done literally anything in this game. I only realized later that it is probably a bit weaker than I would’ve liked it to be.

I don’t think the wolves needed more ways to bypass protection or more day kills. Like by the end of the game I feel like everyone has claim and was strongman-able, and at least two players were perma-macho from earth essence. Regarding village protection, I’m torn on it. It’s a little weird to model because of the particular roles. 4 is a lot, but one is delayed a cycle, another literally announced its target out loud, and the other two are bodyguards. My evaluation is that the protection spread had relatively minimal chances to reduce KP, were unlikely to get multiple saves, and wolves had sufficient counter measures to push through protection when needed (guava literally died with enough charges for two of them). I think it felt like a lot of protection from a village PoV, but I’m still not sure if it actually needed to be reduced or even changed meaningfully.

Anyway I’m too tired and too gay to say more. I think the setup was cool and wish the game had been a touch more competitive to see some of the potential intricacies play out.

4 Likes

Y’know, I really like the roles.

FAM2 Zone (player): ITA Bountier
FAM2 Zone (role): Execution Bountier

FAM3 Zone (player): Popcorn Woman
FAM3 Zone (role): Setup Designer

1 Like

It really feels wild when both roles that I got fits me.
FAM2: “I bounty anyone who dares to oppose me.”
FAM3: “I shoot anyone who dares to shoot me.”

1 Like

a

1 Like

lmao oops i lazily copy pasted the names from the OP

@notblackorwhite: For someone who said she was just here for design and not for hosting, you sure helped out an awful lot with consultations in host chat :joy_cat: I’m really glad I had the chance to get to know you this game, and you did a great job of making sure our wording was mostly reasonably consistent and clear and the places it weren’t were mostly my fault anyways.

@Geyde: Thank you so much for all your work on role design. Your creativity, dedication, and willingness to Commit To The Bit were tremendous assets to the overall setup, and we definitely couldn’t have pulled this off without you.

@katze: I really appreciate you being such a reliable presence in hostchat – I think many critical aspects of hosting (e.g. ITAs, night feedback) ran much more smoothly because of you. Also, thank you for always keeping the ITA spreadsheet updated, and for keeping the flips post up to date.

@Icibalus: You were responsible for one of my favorite roles in the entire game (Maycop Maycop), and I’m glad we had you onboard. I really loved your EoD1 flavor as well :orange_heart:

@Ruby: Thanks for your help with role design – in particular, I think you did a really good job finding flavorfits for some players that most of the rest of the host team didn’t know nearly as well.

setup notes:

My best guess is that the setup was a little townsided, but not truly egregiously so. I think that “not egregiously -sided in either direction” is probably the best we can hope for in a mash. There’s a few things I think we could have done better balance-wise (e.g. actually counting the Litten^2 role as KP :wowee:) but nothing that was completely broken on its own, which is pretty good for a game of this size lol. I wish some of the wolf roles had really had a chance to shine, but c’est la vie.

Broadly speaking there were a lot of sort of borderline ideas that we decided to run with, and I think that was the right decision – things like the Marshal demon and the JCborhood, the role that forcibly changes someone’s theme, Wazza (Napoleon flavor)'s role, etc. I want to give a special shoutout here to the D&D hood – I was really nervous about that role, and eevee and the rest of the hood surpassed my wildest expectations.

It seems like people were mostly happy with the them-flavored roles, which is something that I think is really important for a game like this. It made me really happy to see people getting excited when their flavor flipped.

9 Likes

:wowee:

Leafia is the punished venom snake, my doppelganger, big boss

1 Like

The man who sold the world

Not to mention the masonry with atlas and me

Guava you turncoat!