FoL Awards 2024 - Nominations Thread

i will second on both

7 Likes
8 Likes

Nominating this for the newly added Best Post Award

Context: Marissa subbed in to the top wagon consensus wolfread slot. Atlas (wolf) just told her “youre ignoring mech in a mech game”

9 Likes

How did you end up voting her out after this

3 Likes

Seconded.

1 Like

Nominating @tutuu for Best Town Performance - Single Player (vanilla game) in Kittens Game: Combinatorics Mafia

As one of the few non-confirmed villagers in the game, tutuu made herself obvious enough to those who were for it to not matter, and took either a leadership role or supporting role depending on what was necessary. Mechanics-wise she consistently pushed for optimal wagons and successfully covered for the masons, eating one of the wolf night actions and giving town another day to solve. Socially, she stayed positive (which is HUGE by itself), kept her teammates calm, and tried to promote a level-headed thread without hero plays. Even though she was suspected and pushed by some people, I really think she was the glue that held the town together, in what could otherwise have been a match of egos or a game lost because of tinfoils or doomposting.

11 Likes

Seconded

3 Likes

Can we do that we were good and in the game

1 Like

i appreciate you chloe :heart:

i dont think im deserving of that specifically, i was just trying to play support and sheep people. i dont think i was any flashier than the team as a whole. i think the whole team getting nominated feels more fair to me over me in particular

i will also nominate the setup itself for best setup in a bit

6 Likes

I think but just in case i will also second chloes nom

2 Likes

i’ll nominate kittens game: combinatorics mafia for best setup

it was really neat and tidy, it felt satisfying how everything is in sets of 3: 3 masons, 3 wolves, 2 x 3 VTs, 3 jails, 3 beams

it was quite different from the normal mountainous formula but the teamplay was still there and just as important, it didnt have any overbearing power roles that single handedly warp the game (which is why im a bit anxious of closed role madness setups)

there was a ton of nuance not just in solving it, but also the ceiling to your personal performance as either alignment. normally as town you should be nothing but truthful and honest, but in this case manipulating the mafia as to who the masons was to your advantage. so as town you got to show off both your towning and wolfing skills. symmetrically as a wolf you got to show off your towning (puzzle-solving) skills during the night, solving the townies into mason or VT

the signups filled in about 4 hours and there was a ton of interest

the amount of non-players interested in the game was 66.67% of the actual player count (maybe more by counting the people whos names arent listed)

9 Likes

Second :+1:

3 Likes

tbh this is the exact reason i think you deserve the award
i do agree that town played very well and could deserve an award as a team, but i know someone else will do that nomination and i wanted to make sure your individual play was acknowledged too

we need more level-headed villagers playing a supporting role and trying to maintain order when the towncore begins to have doubts tbh
i dont think “best individual performance” necessarily means you have to have goated reads or be the town leader - it just means you have to be a great team player, which you were

9 Likes

Thirded

3 Likes

I hope this setup is played again soon. I’d live to try it out for myself. Congrats on the town win too.

3 Likes

IM DOING IT BEFORE ANYONE ELSE CAN

/nominate @Garfooled for Best Host

gar consistently hosts interesting and simple vanilla games which are needed on this site and I think gar deserves this award for hosting like 6 games this year already? Honestly insane

9 Likes

second

4 Likes

yesyesyes

3 Likes

:DD
Appreciate you YBW <3

1 Like

/nominate @orangeandblack5 For Best Town Performance - Single Player (vanilla game) Don’t Starve Anon mountainous 15er

Absolute Menace this game, had a 100% voting history from what I can recall, obvious town, pushed a wolf every day.

2 Likes