Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 1 - DO NOT POST]

Wait…you’re not a robot? Because I am. Boop beep boop.

1 Like

normally humor can be boiled down to a funny word with a funny image behind it

good morning (i do not have a funnier opening than this i’m so sorry to let my standards slip, just take this as an acknowledgement of my acknowledgement of the game and expect content at a reasonably swift pace)

2 Likes

Okay, I finished catching up, so here are my observations about the first 100-150 posts of the game.

• Wisdom’s “look at the rare occasion of me being top poster” kind of pinged me a little because I feel like most good townies are hyperfixated about their post count when they roll wolf, because they have this internal sense of pressure to match the same posting activity when they rand town.

However, I kind of liked where Wisdom’s head was when I engaged with her a bit, and I don’t think she’s a wolf with Leafia, so I’m fine with her at this juncture.

• Leafia actually strongly pinged me because she was really gung-ho and serious about the game early. In my experience, this is a bit of a wolfy indicator since wolves are a little uncomfortable around RVS and want to start the game off ASAP. This is why I wanted to check Leafia’s other games to see if she had the same streak of starting off the game super seriously as a wolf, or if she was a little more relaxed as town.

Not taking a look at Greatest Idea because she was a survivor.

Risky Light Game ([GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered) (wolf): I think she was pretty serious to start off the game here. She starts off numbering her posts but then pressures her wolfbuddy, Frog, right off the bat. She then does a pretty quick unvote then later declares Frog her strongest townread.

SCP FM (SCP FM (4/18) - Game Thread, Ended, Foundation and GOC wins.) (wolf): I think she starts off this game pretty seriously here as well, with a vote on Gorta and some really early reads (Derps probably town). Funny enough she also does the early vote then unvote here as well.

Questions FM (Questions FM - GAME OVER (Mafia Victory) - #24 by Leafia) (town): I think she starts off this game more jokingly, with a vote on Eevee to ping him. She does give Jake a townread due to how relaxed he feels, but she jokes around with Blizer and says that she’s hardclaiming ??? in a game where no one knows their roles. She jokes even further along into the game by saying “According to Hippo, you’re lockscum Hippo”. It isn’t until in post 425 where she really starts playing seriously.

Plants Mountainous Poison (Plants Mountainous Poison - Day 8 (1/16) - Wolf Win) (town): Can’t really analyze this since she entered the thread late.

Sorc17 ([Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins) (town): Again, this is starting a little bit later so Leafia is pretty gung-ho and serious about providing reads here.

Town vs Bandits ([VFM] Town vs Bandits - Day 5 (4/13) - Bandits Win! - Completed - Forum of Lies) (town): She jokes around with Chloe early on and has some light banter about rolling Village Leafeon. She says a couple of posts give her good/bad vibes, and she makes a joke about Wazza (the host) being likely scum. Early votes on Eli. She does an early unvote on Eli, but she votes Emilia in the same post.

I’m not 100% sold on this, but when I compare Leafia’s opening posts in this game to her town and wolf games, I feel like… she would be a little more relaxed? A little more playful? As town? And in this game I feel like she has some internal drive to start the game early – a drive that wouldn’t necessarily be there if she randed villager.

Maybe this is confirmation bias/bad meta showing, but her opening this game feel a little less natural compared to the villager games I just saw. I would love a second opinion on this.

1 Like

Nice seeing you again Ici.

/vote Leafia @Host_Account_3

list?

oh yeah i haven’t played here for a while so i will say that expect a bit less for the first few days, especially since i have some very important appointments coming up in two days- have genders to trans, you undedrstand

2 Likes

I always start off seriously regardless of alignment.

prophy you’re not hard claiming the list cop who checks people in order are you

I know I am not one.

Do feel free to reach out once the concert has finished I would enjoy more philosophizing together.

@Marluxion

1 Like

god I hate useless roleplays

I am going to stop dedicating effort to this game for the day.

1 Like

Bad vote.

in regards to leafia meta, I do think they can be gung-ho as town, I’ll take a deeper look after work tomorrow

im going to sleep

Fair enough.

oh god forum mafia plus homework
this really is an arete setup

1 Like

do you think that it was bad in malicious terms
or that your townplay so far is enough to townread you

@Prophylaxis
didnt they push someone then unvote pretty rapidly this game?