Plants Mountainous Poison - Day 8 (1/16) - Wolf Win

Welcome to Mountainous Poison, hosted by @Arete and @Geyde on @ShinyVenusaur !

Rules:

• Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules.
    • To ensure the game runs smoothly, players who fail to meet the requirement of 15 substantive, on-topic posts will be immediately replaced. Players who zero-post in the first 24 hours of a day phase without informing the hosts in advance may also be replaced (if you must miss the first 24 hours, inform the hosts). These requirements may be adjusted if the day ends early due to majority.
  • Refrain from excessive ATE (appeals to emotion). Excessive ATE includes, but is not limited to, statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someone’s out of game relationships or well-being. Ordinary manipulation is still allowed.
  • I will be closely monitoring the thread for toxicity, harassment, and excessive ATE. However, please do not hesitate to bring problematic posts to my attention if you believe I missed them.
  • Alts are allowed, but you must inform the hosts of your identity.

Role List

Vanilla Town x12
Mafia Poisonous Goon x4

The town roles will be flavored around edible plants, and the Mafia roles will be flavored around poisonous plants. Members of the Mafia will receive fakeclaims.

Please use caution when eating wild plants, especially mushrooms. Many dangerous species look similar to edible plants.

Sample role PMs:

Summary

Dandelions, Vanilla Town

You are Dandelions, Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.
Defeat the Mafia.

Deadly Nightshade, Mafia Poisonous Goon

You are Deadly Nightshade, Mafia Poisonous Goon. You and your partners share a factional poison, which must be used every night. Additionally, twice per game, the Mafia may fake-poison a player; they will be announced as poisoned alongside your real poison target, but will not die.
Reach parity with the Town.

Gameplay

• The set-up is a 16 player set-up with 12 Vanilla Town and 4 Mafia Poisonous Goons.
  • Days are 48 hours unless majority is reached early and nights are 24 hours. SoD/EoD will occur at 2022-01-01T21:00:00Z on the relevant day (4:00 PM EST).
  • Executions are majority and plurality.
  • No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand. In all other cases of a tie, the execution will be determined at random from among the tied players.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in LyLo (execute-or-lose) scenarios, but not in MyLo (misexecute-and-lose) scenarios. That is to say, in situations where town must execute correctly or lose, the first vote cast by a given player is final and cannot be changed.
  • All votes must be in the form /vote [name of player] to be considered valid, and all unvotes must be in the form /unvote . This is to enable the smooth processing of votes.
  • The Mafia factional poison is mandatory. If no factional poison is submitted, the poison will be determined randomly from among living members of the town. The Mafia 2-shot fake poison is not mandatory.
  • All players targeted by the Mafia poison or fake poison will be announced at the beginning of the next day. In the event that the fake poison is used, the real poison and fake poison will be announced in alphabetical order. The player targeted by the real poison will die at the end of the day.
  • The Mafia may target members of the Mafia with the 2-shot fake poison, including when only one member of the Mafia remains alive.
  • The fake poison may not be used in MyLo/LyLo.
  • The Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.

Player List

1. BradLand - Executed Day 4 - Water Hemlock, Mafia Goon
  2. Solic
  3. Marluxion - Executed Day 6 - Oleander, Mafia Goon
  4. Gorta - Died of Poison EoD3 - Wild Rose, Vanilla Town
  5. eevee - Executed Day 5 - Rosary Pea, Mafia Goon
  6. 2Wolves1Hydra (Kiiruma + wolfy) - Executed Day 3 - Wild Leek, Vanilla Town
  7. WindwardAway
  8. the_worst - Died of Poison EoD4 - Queen Anne’s Lace, Vanilla Town
  9. Wazza
  10. Frog - Died of Poison EoD2 - Morels, Vanilla Town
  11. beancat - Died of Poison EoD7 - Amaranth, Vanilla Town
  12. lol - Died of Poison EoD5 - Chanterelles, Vanilla Town
  13. Leafia - Executed Day 7 - Wild Raspberry, Vanilla Town
  14. EliThePsycho - Executed Day 1 - Wild Onion, Vanilla Town
  15. Trochilidae - Died of Poison EoD6 - Gooseberries, Vanilla Town
  16. Ivy - Executed Day 2 - Acorn, Vanilla Town

Backups

1. CRichardFortressLies
  2. Arctic
  3. Illario
  4. ATNoName
  5. Helz
  6. clonedcheese
  7. Intensify
  8. Vulgard
  9. osieorb18

Spectators

1. TheBlueElixir
  2. DatBird
  3. Jane
  4. Squirrel2412
  5. Fatmo
  6. c4

Milestones

EoD1/SoD2
EoD2/SoD3
EoD3/SoD4
EoD4/SoD5
EoD5/SoD6
EoD6/SoD7
EoD7/SoD8

Pre-game Flavor

The hiking expedition leader counted the people in the group, making sure all sixteen of them were still there. The Society of Edible Wild Plants had held conferences before – in fact, he recognized some of the group members from the previous conference – but this was the first time they had actually decided to get together and put their studies into practice as a group.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” asked his boyfriend. “If any of these people are less expert than they think they are, you could die.”

“I’m sure it’ll be fine,” he said. “It’s not like it’s hard to identify a raspberry, or anything. Random people shouldn’t be picking mushrooms off the forest floor, but these aren’t random people.”

“If you’re sure,” said his boyfriend. “See you tomorrow.” He walked back to their car.

“Just to check,” said the hiking leader to the group. “Does everyone have their camping supplies and maps, and enough water?”

Everyone in the group nodded. The leader started walking over to the trailhead, and the rest of the group followed him.

An hour before sunset, the group reached their campsite, halfway up the Fortress Mountain. The path to get there had been filled with branching forks and narrow twists, but with the help of the guide, and their maps, they had been able to arrive safely and without incident.

“I’ll set up the tents, while the rest of you forage,” said the hiking leader. He had been planning to forage himself, but they were behind schedule, and the tents needed to be up by sundown or it would be much more difficult to assemble them. The rest of the group scattered into the woods, looking for edible plants, the true point of their expedition.

Finally, as the last of them trickled into the campsite, they gathered around the campfire to divide up their spoils and sat down to eat dinner. The hiking director started to eat his food first, while the rest of them exchanged stories of their attempts to gather edible plants.

A few minutes into dinner, the hiking director started to cough. He winced, holding his stomach.

“Are you okay?” asked the hiker sitting next to him.

He nodded. “I’m fine.”

A few minutes later, the hiking director retched and vomited. The hiker next to him glanced at him warily. “Let me see that,” she said, grabbing his plant out of his hands.

“This flower isn’t edible,” she said. “It’s hemlock, which is really toxic. Actually, multiple of these look toxic…”

“Who was dumb enough to put hemlock in his dinner?” asked someone else.

“I don’t think anyone here would be that stupid,” she said. “We’re all experts. It must have been deliberate.”

“We should try to go back,” said yet another person. “I know it’s after dark, but if there are literal murderers here, I’ll take my chances.” They rummaged in their backpack for their map. As they pulled it out, their face turned from bitter determination to horror.

“Everyone, check your backpacks for your map,” they said. The rest of the group began to look for their maps, and one by one their faces began to match the expression of horror. Instead of the map they had been expecting to find, all of them had an identical piece of paper:

All of them looked at the hiking director, who was convulsing on the ground. If they wanted to have any chance of survival, they needed to find the murderers, quickly.

4 Likes

Day 1 begins and will end in 48 hours, at 2022-01-20T21:00:00Z, or earlier if a majority is reached for execution. With 16 players alive, majority is 9.

Massping

@BradLand
@Solic
@Marluxion
@Gorta
@eevee
@2Wolves1Hydra (@Kiiruma + wolfy)
@WindwardAway
@the_worst
@Wazza
@Frog
@beancat
@lol
@Leafia
@ElizaThePsycho
@Trochilidae
@Ivy

2 Likes

woo

2 Likes

IM FREE
FUCK YOU ALL IM FREE

Yoooo

you’re also playing mountainous so you’ve lost your freedom again

2 Likes

no you don’t understand
i am free

1 Like

Hi free, I’m dad

1 Like

Hi dad, I’m excited

1 Like

anyways i hardclaim gympie gympie

1 Like

No idea what that is but ok

hi dad i’m currently dying at work cause these dipshits are so understaffed they won’t let me leave even tho i can barely breathe

1 Like

google it (;

1 Like

I thought you said you were free?

I wanna have it made clear I clicked this gif so many times trying to close the tab of the gif and load back into this one and now I’m angry because of it >:(

/vote Brad @Host_Account_2

Oh ok so my guess was vaguely correct lol

1 Like