Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

…you were expecting me to do this? why?

I wasn’t expressly expecting you or anyone else to bring up suspicion on Ninja, I just hoped someone might.

i’m also interested in the answer to this question given my position on the readlist :amogus:

oh well consider my vote an invitation to everyone to discuss the slot because i want people to talk about them more as well

1 Like

I didn’t even know you were on the read list because there wasn’t a linebreak between you and Magnus and Eliza. I thought that was one big paragraph about Eliza :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

fair

I noticed that too
tho the last time I played was offsite with a considerably different culture so it might’ve just been that

i think skimming parts of this game, like eods or iso’s, would be the single most valuable meta source for this game given that me, vulgard, flygon (aka zorvo) and magnus were in this game

in particular i want to bring up zorvo’s early tunnel on arete and similarities to their push on me this game (but also the slight difference in that it is a little more muted this game) as well as his behaviour at eod4 where he tries to CFD me in an… again similar way, but slightly more muted

i looked at their eods in starcraft where they were a wolf and they didn’t really have this passion or desire to… influence anything really, and they were actually trying to buss their teammates at that point. point is they definitely have played abrasively as town - and you could make the argument it’s actually town indicative for them

I wish that wasn’t the case because… yikes.

But the thing is that Guava didn’t explain what was wrong
Guava didn’t respond at all to the answer to their question and it wasn’t to make a read
A townie can want clarification on thought process but that’s because they plan on doing something about it
It’s scum who ask questions and don’t care about the answer because scum don’t ask questions thinking about the game they ask them to look like someone who is thinking about the game
Reread Guava’s interaction with Caspore and it’s textbook how to pocket a player who SRs you. Say “let’s talk” and give them a TR but not one that looks easy, and expect them to reciprocate

I uh intended on reading past this point but I just realized my plans for tonight were earlier than I expected so I can’t do the ISO dive I was planning on but I’ll get to that and respond to stuff after this point in the morning if I can sorry for being so busy

I don’t like this self-vote.

My vote has been vindicated.

If I recall correctly, the votes were 5-4 with me intentionally not pres-voting and a couple players willing to save me. I definitely didn’t need to go over in that game.

I just voted Squirrel yesterday because a lot of the alternatives seemed worse. That’s not really the case again today.

Can everyone please stop calling EOD terrible? The mere fact that it’s terrible gives vital information to work with, now or in the future, what?

While I can accept this reasoning, I’ll just point out that Eliza’s the sort of player that villagers can convince themselves to jump onto… so while you’re probably correct, Ninja could still be a wolf here with how quickly the wagon grew at the end.

Weren’t there three sudden votes on Eliza at EOD within a few seconds of each other? That’s how it looked reading back. In that case, Vulgard simply might not have had any time.

Dum/Wazza / Squirrel. Leave my name out of this.

I’ll just break this up, I’m not contributing anything of note here.

well that’s not the case here. Sometimes I’m just curious. But curiosity killed the cat and looking at my pfp this might not end well for me.

Now you’re pulling a Flygon. Don’t assume that just because I don’t respond to every single response to every single thing I say that means I didn’t think about it.

I didn’t expect her to reciprocate
THAT’S WHY I BACKED OFF
SHE OBVIOUSLY WASN’T GOING TO STOP TOWNREADING ME
AND SHE DIDN’T
and you wanna say I’m not thinking. Ridiculous.

me neither that’s why I changed it

How is everyone expected to keep track of their postcount per day? Do it themselves, or…?

I was thinking about that too
I’m at ~40 rn but it seems a bit weird that we don’t have a new thread so we can see our new postcounts
but we already started posting so that’s not really a solution rn I think

It depends on both of their alignments.

VOTE: Arctic

Then let’s see what you do.

I’ll look later on why you think I’m ever a wolf here as well as Kanave.
I think this is just a garbage solve tbh.

Me and Kanave are both obvious town, the PoE yesterday was garbage.

I have a secret wolf read that becomes almost lock wolf to me on an Arctic wolf flip tbh.

1 Like
quotes

^the realization

I’m still up in the air
part of me thinks that the stuff before the realization is tmi on eliza’s slot
otoh the pivot felt genuine

Secret reads aren’t really helpful, tbh. The only reasons to wait are if you want to gather more evidence beforehand (in which case you should just say it), you want to take them by surprise (which means they’ll probably look worse either way) or you don’t want them to be pushed yet.

this isn’t a fully fledged out thought btw

my laptop’s almost dead so I gtg pry soon

1 Like

i read over the posts and like… while i do think guava actually townreading caspore for that logic is dubious i don’t think it’s a big of a deal as you’re making it out to be nor does it come across as pocketing, but i don’t think this discussion is going to go anywhere. i’d like to know how the rest of your reads have developed when possible

is this meant to say scumreading

who could have seen this coming

TIL otoh means “on the other hand” and not “off the top of my head” and as a result several of my posts in previous games have not made any sense and yet this has never been pointed out to me. cool

i’m in a weird position where i think most people have bad reads but at the same time this feels kind of unfair to say when i don’t really have any confident scumreads myself so i’m basically silently dvc warrioring even though i’m in the game

if we miss today we’re in mylo/lylo as well. which is fun.

@Dum is today the day we’re going to get some actual reads from you? i’m curious to hear your thoughts.

It was actually meant to say “she wasn’t going to start townreading me” but yeah basically

1 Like

Dum was replaced by Wazza.

2 Likes