Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

Welcome to Dicey Dungeons FM! Hosted by @ElizaThePsycho and @eevee

Rules

Follow the rules found here:

Additionally, for this game, a minimum requirement of 20 substantive, on-topic, game related posts per in game day are required. Posts that are explicitly or obviously made solely for the purpose of meeting this requirement do not count towards the minimum, nor do posts containing solely a vote. The first time a player fails to meet this requirement, they will be given a warning; the second time they fail to meet it, they will be replaced out. A player who zero-posts will be subbed out without a warning. This requirement may be reduced or waived if an execution is hammered early by majority.

Rolelist

Lady Luck decided that you wouldn’t get to know any of the roles, but she wanted me to let you know that there are no neutrals present in the Dungeons.

Sample Role PM (this flavor will not be present)

Inventor

“Oh wow, this place is so cool! The doors! The spotlights! Oops, sorry, I mean, thanks for having me on the show!”
Town Cop

Every night, you may choose a player & roll a dice. If you roll a 1 or a 2, learn their role. If you roll a 3 or a 4, learn their alignment. If you roll a 5 or a 6, learn both.

Gameplay

• This setup is a closed setup with Dicey Dungeons flavor. Flavor solve at your own risk, for flavor is NAI.
  • The wincon for the Town is Kill all Mafia members. The wincon for the Mafia is to Reach parity with the Town
  • The Mafia will communicate through a special Discord/Forum PM
  • No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand.
  • In cases where the votes are tied, the result will be randed in spec chat.
  • Self votes are not valid votes.
  • Mafia have a factional kill. It is optional, unless there was a no-execution the previous day, and may be performed alongside other actions.
  • All votes must be in the form /vote [name of player] (and ping the hosts/vc bots) to be considered valid, and all unvotes must be in the form /unvote (and ping the hosts/vc bots) This is to enable the smooth processing of votes.
  • Executions are both majority and plurality.
  • If you have multiple abilities, you may use all of them in the same day/night.
  • MyLo and LyLo will be announced & votes will be locked, however be aware that LyLo will only be announced if mafia gain parity immediately upon a misexecution.

Dice

• Almost every, if not all abilities in this game will be focused around dice.
  • All dice are six-sided.
  • Dice are usually used to upgrade the ability being used, but may be used for other purposes.
  • Usually higher dice are better than lower dice.
  • You will always know the dice you roll, unless an ability states otherwise.

Alts are allowed, so long as the hosts know the identity of the alt.

Playerlist

1. Firekitten
  2. ATNoName
  3. Wazza
  4. Aelin
  5. Mistyx
  6. Agent47
  7. GamblingAddict
  8. Jarek
  9. Magnus
  10. Sharklifter
  11. Kanave
  12. Kiiruma
  13. Arctic
  14. Zone_Q11
  15. VooDooSh

Backups

1. Jane
  2. YoubutWorse
  3. WindwardAway
  4. Squirrel
  5. CRichard

Spectators

1. Marshal (informed)
  2. EggYolk
  3. Silviu (uninformed)

Game begins 2021-12-26T18:00:00Z

“Welcome tooo… DICEYYYY DUNGEOOOONS!” Lady Luck says on the screen of your television.

"Today it’s our CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! On tonight’s show, instead of our usual dungeoneering adventures, we’ll see my minions face off against eachother in a battle of wits. But! There’s a twist! I’ve gotten my most loyal minions to sabotage the other minions, locking them behind these here doors!

The camera pans out to a bunch of doors that have never been seen before.

“Ooh, and something I forgot to mention: All minions can vote for somebody to lock behind those doors! A simple majority rule! And here’s how it ends: once my loyal minions compose half or more of the other minions, they win! But if there is none not behind the doors, then the other minions win! Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? Let’s begin!”

Baby Squid appears on the screen.
“Hi guys, welcome back to another segment of reading fan mail… This one’s from anonymous!”

A message appears!

Say pal, may I interest you in some riddles? Okay. Well, pal, you can buy this “Riddle about what Shakespear said during his soliloquy” for the low low price of 10 bucks! Say, doesn’t that sound nice? No? Well, I’ll throw in some extra goods then! If you buy this “Riddle about what Shakespear said during his soliloquy”, and pay us an additional 5 bucks, you’ll get a “Riddle about a Fallen Hero!” Doesn’t that sound nice? Call 1-100000000-100000000 today to buy!

Day 1 begins and will end at 2021-12-28T18:00:00Z. Since there is 15 players alive, majority is 8.

Two things for you to note:
One: there probably is a lw
Two:

Keep this in mind

NAI Mass Ping

@litten
@atnoname
@wazza
@GamblingAddict
@aelin
@mistyx
@agent47
@jarek
@magnus
@sharklifter
@kanave
@kiiruma
@arctic
@Zone_Q11
@voodoosh

Ayo, first of all, gdi I didn’t get here first.

Glhf all. I can’t really make reads yet so I’ll just read some posts and probably make a wall of stuff later on.
I’m gonna just read the things posted before this but idk how important it’ll be so :man_shrugging:

I wasn’t going to comment on anything for a while but this is kinda an important enough thing to pick up on.
What’s your basis for saying there’s probably a lw?

Is it role based or just setup speculation?
Keep in mind that if it is role based, don’t go into too many specifics.

trust my wifi to break 5 minutes before the start of this game

i have a wall on my laptop which i can’t post

1 Like

literally every 15p setup ever

i don’t know if this is actually true ive only seen like 2 non-mountainous 15ps and they both had lw

Is that actually a common 15p thing? Didn’t know.
Alright I guess.

So what’s the 15p sort of breakdown then?

I remember reading we have no neuts

the most balanced 15p setup is obviously 9/4/2

LW, 2 or 3 normal mafia and the rest town?

Speculation
4 wolves too strong
3 wolves too weak
No neutrals

1 Like

Alrighty, just figured it was a thing to clarify since I guess I’ve not really analysed 15p setups before

im soulreading mistyx’s 1 post as mafia