ENA Genie 13er - mafia won lol update ur title hosts 🤓 <- katze

Welcome to ENA FM!

Hosted by @Dum and @YoubutWorse on the account @TheGreatRunas

Reviewed by @Prophylaxis

Rules

• Follow the Global Rules
  • Follow the Forum Game Rules
  • All players must make 10 substantive and game-related posts per 48h Day phase. This may be waived if the day ends early, or if you die midday. If a player does not meet this requirement, and does not give the hosts proper warning, they will be force-replaced.
  • All alts must be approved by the hosts.
  • The hosts may use WOTM to prohibit players from joining.
  • The hosts may add or remove any rules at any time as they wish.

Setup
8x Vanilla Town
1x Town Genie
1x Town Backup
2x Mafia Goon
1x Mafia Rolecop

Sample Role PMs
Vanilla Town

You are…

Headtomb (Vanilla Town)

- “One fatty catty!”

You are vanilla town. The only weapons you have are your voice and your vote.

Defeat the mafia.

Town Genie

You are…

Headtomb (Town Genie)

- “One fatty catty!”

You are the town genie. Each night, choose a player. That player must make a wish during the next day-phase. You may not choose yourself. You may not choose players who have already been chosen by the Town Genie.

Defeat the mafia.

Mafia Goon

You are…

Headtomb (Mafia Goon)

- “One fatty catty!”

You are a mafia goon. You share a 24/7 private discord chat with your fellow mafia. Each night, the mafia must kill a member of the town.

Reach parity with the town.

Town Backup

You are…

Headtomb (Town Backup)

- “One fatty catty!”

You are a town backup. If the Town Genie dies before the 3rd night, you will become a Town Genie. You may choose a player each night to grant a wish, on the contingency that the town genie will die that night.

Defeat the mafia.

Mafia Rolecop

You are…

Headtomb (Mafia Rolecop)

- “One fatty catty!”

You are a mafia rolecop. You share a 24/7 private discord chat with your fellow mafia. Each night, the mafia must kill a member of the town. You may also visit a player each night and see their role. You may not perform this action alongside the factional kill.

Reach parity with the town.

Flavor

• This game takes its flavor from the webseries ENA! It’s less than 30 minutes in total, so take a quick watch if you haven’t already!
  • Flavor is neither alignment nor role indicative. Feel free to claim it, though it will not help you solve the game.
  • All flavor images are taken from the ENA fandom wiki. These images are provided by Joel G., who created the ENA series. The quotes are taken from the webseries itself.

General Gameplay

• Phases are 48/24.

• SoD/EoD will be at 2023-04-01T21:00:00Z. If enough players wish, this may be changed (before the game starts), though the time will still remain convenient to the hosts

• Eliminations are majority and plurality.

• Votes are locked in LyLo (eliminate-or-lose) scenarios, but not in MyLo (miseliminate-and-lose) scenarios. That is to say, in situations where town must eliminate correctly or lose, the first vote cast by a given player is final and cannot be changed. LyLo will be announced.

• Self Votes are not considered valid. Asking other players to vote and/or hammer you breaks this rule and goes against the spirit of the game.

• No-elim/Sleep is a valid vote. It may be hammered to end the day early.

• Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players. If one of the options are no-elim/sleep, that will instead be selected.

• Voting can be done by using [vote][/vote] or [v][/v] tags and naming a target between them.

• Unvote by typing [unvote][/unvote] or [uv][/uv] . Do not put anything between the tags

• The mafia has an optional factional kill. If nothing is submitted, a kill will be randomized among living members of the town. The mafia must state they do not wish to kill.

• The mafia factional kill is assigned. The player who submits the kill will be assumed to be the player carrying out the kill, unless otherwise specified. If nothing is submitted, the player carrying out the kill will be randomized among the mafia.

• The mafia will communicate through a private discord server.

Special Mechanics

• Wishes are a special mechanic in this game. Each night, the Genie chooses 1 player to make a wish.

• The next day, the player selected by the genie must make a wish within the first 24 hours of the day phase. If this is not possible for any reason, please let the hosts know and we will attempt to accommodate this.
    *The mafia also have a one-shot communal wish, which they may ask to use at any time (during the night/day). Within the next 24-hours of the wish being asked, the wish will be resolved and either granted/dismissed. The wish will be publicly announced to be used, however the result will not be announced.

• Wishes will be either granted or dismissed by the hosts. Whether or not a wish is granted or dismissed will be announced publicly before day ends. Wishes that are granted may come with unforeseen consequences.

• Wishes will take place as soon as it is announced whether or not they have been dismissed or granted, unless otherwise specified in the wish.

• Wishes may affect the OP, and the OP will be updated to reflect this. They may NOT change anything under the rules section in the OP. They may not change the phase length, the SoD/EoD time, or the way mafia communicate either. They also may not force-replace other players out of the game, revive players, interact with dead players/spectators/other players not in the game, add players to the game/backups list/spectators list or convert players to other alignments/change any teams win-condition. They also cannot effect any of these rules in this bullet point.

• This game is very swingy by design, we will try to balance it but we may not do the best job. If you are not ok with this, then this game probably isn’t for for you. Please don’t insult the hosts if you disagree with a decision they made during or after the game.

• Anything not stated to not be allowed is allowed. Creativity when wishing will be rewarded.

Example Wishes

We have a few example wishes to give an idea of what we would and wouldn’t allow. Keep in mind that we will consider every wish within the context of the game, so while some wishes would be allowed in some situations, they would also be disallowed within other situations. We will do our best to keep the game as balanced as possible.

Example Wish 1

You have been granted a wish by The Great Runas. All hail. Please submit your wish within the next 24 hours.

• Town Player: I wish to know every player’s role/alignment

The Great Runas doesn’t like you. Please leave.

(in thread: The Wish has been dismissed.)
We would dismiss this wish, because theres not a great way to modify this to still fit it while nerfing it. We would simply dismiss the wish, wasting the day’s wish.

Example Wish 2

You have been granted a wish by The Great Runas. All hail. Please submit your wish within the next 24 hours.

• Mafia Player: I wish to kill every town player, ggez.

The Great Runas doesn’t like you. Please leave.

(in thread: The Wish has been dismissed.) or if it is the mafia’s communal wish, (The mafia have contacted The Great Runas. )

We would dismiss the wish, because duh. The wish is far too powerful, and there is no good way to misinterpret and nerf it.

Example Wish 3

• Town Player: Could I know player Y’s alignment?

The Great Runas accepts your wish. Leave through the third door on the left.

(in thread: The Wish has been granted.)

Assuming a fairly neutral game, we would allow the use of a wish to know a players alignment. This cop check could easily be faked as well by a mafia player, so there is a layer of doubt behind it (if they had asked to reveal player y’s alignment publiclly, we likely wouldn’t grant that.)

Example Wish 4

• Mafia Player: I wish to give a random town player a one-shot kill that only hits town players (but they don’t know it only hits town players they think it can hit anyone)

The Great Runas accepts your wish. Leave through the third door on your left.

(in thread: The Wish has been granted.) or (The mafia have contacted The Great Runas.)

• We’d allow this, as if they shot the mafia it’d be kinda obvious what happened (or would at least raise a ton of questions), and giving town an extra elim like that would be something we’d consider if either alignment made the wish. Depending on the position town is in (like if its lylo), we may dismiss this wish to keep the game balanced.
Example Wish 5

• Town Player: I want to revive player y.

The Great Runas is perplexed. You may not wish for this. Please try again within the next __ (however much time has gone by since the original wish grant) hours.

• This isn’t allowed in the rules, so we’d clarify and let the wisher wish again. If a player repeatedly tries to break the rules, we may dismiss the wish.

Overall, there is no way we can record every wish, and its hard to show the exact limits we would have as they’d change from time to time depending on the game state. Feel free to ask about wishes during signups and we’ll clarify wether or not we’d allow them (assuming neutral gamestate). Heres a few other wishes I wrote bc I got bored.

More Wishes 4 fun

Wish 1:

• Player: I wish the hosts were more tubular.

That’s rad. Your wish is totally wicked! It’s been like, granted dude. Take the third diddly-door on your left.

(In Thread: The Wish has been like, totes granted.)

we’d keep this up for the rest of the game lmao
were so cool

Wish 2:

• Player: Can you change my flavor to x.

The Great Runas accepts your wish, I don’t remember who you are though. Leave through the third door on your left.

(The wish has been granted)

itd make me sad but its allowed and id do it.

Wish 3:

• Player: I wish to become a Jester.

The Great Runas accepts your wish. Leave through the third door on your left.

(In Thread: The Wish has been granted.)

We’d likely make the player a vengeful town (or mafia ig), letting them kill one of their voters if they are executed. While they aren’t becoming a Jester, I believe this intepretation is valid or at least fair within our stance of changing some wishes.

CLARITY POST

Playerlist

1. @Kiiruma
  2. @Hazardwaste
  3. @ElizaThePsycho
  4. @Leafia
  5. @JakeTheWolfie
  6. @Ashlyn
  7. @IcetFeelsPain
  8. @Jaiden
  9. @Arctic
  10. @guavagudetama
  11. @beancat
  12. @Zone_Q11
  13. @Corrupted_Dreamer

Backups

1. @Magnus
  2. @Frostwolf103
  3. @Achromatic

Spectators

1. @Arete
  2. @May
  3. @Garfooled
  4. @Atlas
1 Like

Alive Players

1. @Kiiruma
  2. @IcetFeelsPain
  3. Jaiden @Achromatic
  4. @guavagudetama
  5. @Zone_Q11
  6. @Corrupted_Dreamer

Graveyard

1. @ElizaThePsycho
  2. @Arctic
  3. @Hazardwaste
  4. @Ashlyn
  5. @Leafia
  6. @JakeTheWolfie
  7. @beancat

Threadmarks

Day 1 begins
Day 1 ends
Day 2 begins
Day 2 ends
Day 3 begins
Day 3 ends
Day 4 begins

1 Like

Game will begin 2023-04-05T20:00:00Z

1 Like

“All right! I wished to be thinner! So what?!” Moony yelled

ƎNA shook her head at Moony.

Moony bit back quickly, “Well ƎNA, what are you gonna wish for?! I bet you’re embarrassed about yours too!”

“Oh, not quite Moony!” ƎNA chuckled, “You see, I plan to wish for more wishes!”

“More wishes?” Moony rolled her… eye? “Do you really think that’s going to work?”

ƎNA’s face stuttered for a second, "I never thought of that. You’re right! This won’t work! None of this will work! Look at what it did to you!"

“Oh calm down ƎNA. I’m sure it might work. Just, yknow, the Great Runas might hate you for it. But a wish is a wish.”

ƎNA’s face contorted back to its normal colors and proportions. “I know! I’ll wish for everybody to be together again! The Great Runas would love such a selfless and kind wish!”

“ƎNA are you sure thats-”

ƎNA walked off towards The Great Runas’ door, leaving Moony behind on the bridge.

“Ugh, ƎNA can be such a jerk sometimes,” Moony commented, “and she never even mentioned the bet!”

A few moments later…

Day 1 begins, and will end 2023-04-07T20:00:00Z.

30 minutes before sod les go

It began sooner than I thought it would.

i was having a good day then my forum mafia game started early

1 Like

poor

wittle

arcy

damn it this game doesn’t have a postcap

4 Likes

gooooood evening
the optimal wish for town or scum is “double it and give it to the next person”. please use your earlygame wish to change this:

this isnt a mech play. i just really want as many wishes as possible so i dont feel bad when i wish for some stupid shit. this is optimal fun and youre going to fucking like it

Good Morning!

When the game opens early so I’m not the first post </3

And thus the game has officially begun.
Time to start killing people.

VOTE: guavagudetama

1 Like

thus does not spark joy
VOTE: Arctic