Ah, thank you for the explanation.
I was not familiar enough with the terminology to recognize it on first sight.
(yes, sorry if that wasn’t clear, Atlas is correct)
We might finally see some combat soon.
I am rooting for Leafia! \o/
Heading to bed
*processing…*
Oh. Oh, wow. I get it, but that is a funky system.
Questions: What if I go…
- …diagonal-left-up, up, diagonal-left-up?
- …diagonal-left-up, up, diagonal-right-up?
- …diagonal-left-up, diagonal-right-down?
The first one and the second one both count as 20 feet (so, in the second case, you would usually just go straight, unless there’s an obstacle or something), the third one is 15 feet
when u take multiple diagonal movements in the same turn:
- each odd numbered of diagonal movement is the same cost as 1 orthogonal movement (so normal)
- each even numbered of diagonal movement is the same cost as 2 orthogonal movement (so double)
so 1 total diagonal movement - 5 ft
2 total - 15
3 total - 20
(thats what i remember reading, aret can correct me)
*double-checks with Arete’s explanation*
Yep, that sounds about right.
Got it. 
Squirrel did you forget our mutual backstory
. Or did we retcon it. I altered my character but I thought we kept that part of meeting each other before
(I remember)
(Drakor was admittedly a bit occupied wjth the whole murder thing)
oooh sorry im dumb
thats why im so good at playing as my character this is immersive roleplaying
do we pay 1 copper for each night we stay at this town? or was it 1 silver?
Dw we got there
It was 1 link for me in the stable
Aside from the losses incurred by the card game -I hope this will only go up to 1 link-, should I assume that my lodging also costs 1 link?
[I’ve been assuming that all you all who arrived prior to the Mysterious Strangers have a regular room (hence why the inn is out of rooms) – it comes out to ~2.5 links per person including breakfast and dinner, presuming that you’re sharing rooms. Your losses are really unlikely to go higher than 1 link, even if you Completely suck at gambling – most people here aren’t going to want to wager a whole link, even if they expect you to lose.]
@tutuu this might be more relevant
oki so i pay 2.5 links which is 2.5 silver tyy
(btw, if anyone whose character has yet to show up on this in-universe day is Waiting for a Good Moment to arrive, let me know and we can work something out! (no worries if you’re just busy though)
Zone's Tracking Log #4
- Geyde (Wanderer) - Investigating homicide at central square, talking to the general populace
- tutuu (Bugibugi) - Back in the village after fighting one Big Spider in the forest
- Zone_Q11 (Arius) - Transporting tree logs with the blacksmith’s youngest son from the woodlot to the village
- Squirrel2412 (Drakor) - Finished shopping at the general store
- Ranta (Witch) - Last seen at the temple “yesterday”
- Atlas - (‘Canary’) - Sits outside the general store
- Amelia (Lionel) - Investigating homicide at central square, talking to Nyna Kaver
- Leafia (Zelsh) - Fighting two Big Spiders in the forest
: Granitehill
: Daytime
i forgot about 5 foot steps. i thought polearms are mega busted. makes sense. i wanna look for something that lets me help with that and just constantly trigger AoOs
