Tales of the Abyss - Town Victory!

No worries my child

2 Likes

Hippos are one of the deadliest animals around, killing at least 500 people a year.

Kiiruma’s starting off strong, a bit unsual.
But I found that opening post strange as well, why do u center it yourself around it?
I was also not mentioned.

Confidence! It’s what I was taught by Firekitten in Strategem 27

I see what ur doing

Chess is a struggle between my desire not to think and my desire not to lose.
- Jan Gustafsson.

Summary

Achromatic naturally opens the game with a lengthy wallpost talking about the other players that are present here today, which he claims to have written because he was excited. This might not be directly alignment-indicative, although this beginning style contrasts with Achro’s openings in Morbtainado and Strategem-10, where his openings as evil were shorter than more reserved. On the other hand, his openings were this short as well in Love is War and in UFO.
A common thread between all of Achro’s openings is that he likes to start a conversation. You can see this quite clearly in that he wasn’t overly critical about his own opening.

Marluna was aligned with Town in that game. Achro was a participant in Love is War, and his mention of Sulit’s previous win clearly indicates that he’s willing to put in research towards slots he doesn’t know as well, so slipping up about Marluna is weird. It’s not suspicious though; Achro’s opening post simply had a different focus in mind. The real benefit of the opener is to discuss the playstyles of his fellow GameFAQ players, which I appreciate very much. His questions are meaningless in of themselves, asking to hear people’s favourite setup possibilities is entirely pointless, this is just a conversation starter. I like it.

1. May. We have never played on opposing teams, so continuing the streak would be fantastic.
  2. Zenon. I would consider us friends, she plays errantly which I find really fun, she has a great method that doesn’t line up too much with my own strategy, and while I haven’t seen her best wolfplay yet, she usually comes across as easy to read town for me.
  3. Garfooled. He’s fun to have around and he doesn’t always follow the same thoughts as the rest of the town.

1. Achro. This is because even if I read you as evil, convincing everyone to side with that vote before MELO would be next to impossible.
  2. Hazard. I saw his play in Grand Idea as a Lost Wolf and I was caught off guard to see him flip evil. This is a paranoia placement, may reevaluate later.
  3. Leafia. Her play wasn’t stellar in our last game, but she at least convinced me and Litten before falling back into doing old tricks. Until I can evaluate her new threat level, she’s here for now.

Leafia is always scared of Achro immediately as Town, I swear. A lot of Leafia’s behaviour revolves around Achro, because she’s fearful of him as either alignment. She didn’t vote him first in UFO or in Need for Speed, so if she’s evil this is a bold action from her. Is Leafia calling her own behaviour scummy? I see her do this all the time as evil, and this was called out in the graveyard by someone else, so it’s not just being made up. Has anyone seen Leafia say this as Town?

Proph begins the game by microreading slots, which I don’t really find alignment indicative given what I’ve heard about their play. Proph then improves by deeply analysing Leafia’s slot a couple times, and sharing meta, so Proph is likely town as well at this stage.
Garfooled sensing something engineered between Leafia and Achro is a good look for him.

I bet this is not the entire scumteam.

Five votes is a lot. This statistically isn’t pure, regardless of Leafia’s actual alignment, given how many players kept jumping on. I guess I would be looking at Lea or Mr.L at this stage?

Leafia (5): sulit, Achromatic, Lea, Mr.L, Prophylaxis

Probably Lea for this naked unvote.

I would be pretty happy if the wolves outed themselves on the first day to hammer someone immediately.

Also I’m the Serial Killer.

Magnus town because i thought about claiming sk for reactions

Back to the void

Kiiruma’s opener was the mark of a player who just wanted to say something, say anything, and put it into words.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the players here, but Kiruma’s first post seems very calculated. Like they hovered over the reply button for awhile before sending. But that is why I asked because maybe that’s NAI

It is calculated, but Kiiruma does calculated plays as town

1 Like

Magnus, why’d u bother following Achro’s request?

Also I might be pocketed already from being included in ur list.

I answered the question so I could pad out my opener.

I can’t believe I’m mindmelding with a wolf here and I just couldn’t stay away. Also, the rest of Magnus’s post feels villagery enough.

Couldn’t stay away either.

Bruh tldr this my brain is broken

Why do you think it’s a reaction test?

Can i be taught that. It would be awesome…

As for my list

I want town:
Kiiruma: great in mech, where I fall short
Magnus: devil’s advocate extraordinare
Hazard: chill player with level headed reads

I don’t want mafia:
Achro: never played with w!Achro, scary town player
Magnus: will absolutely slay me on winning favors with their detailed posts
Sulit: because I feel pocketed already

1 Like

What’s a reaction test? No one has said anything that I think is an RT.

VOTE: no vote

Mr L is bleeding town i cant vote this slot

I think igcd is pretty towny so far too.

Also magnus i didnt do s lot of research i was just around for sulit like 2 days ago at end game. Did mix marluna up though thats sad lol