🏆 FoL Awards 2022 - Nominations Thread

there’s not really anyone to nominate because wolves mainly won due to town playing badly

That’s not nice, let alone not true. We picked the last execution wrong.

how do you think we got to the situation where we needed to kill the mafia vigilante

I am Nominating @Dark_Joycat (@Geyde, @katze, @orangeandblack5, Bear, @DatBird ) for Best Setup and Best Host for FAM 2

Without a doubt, one of the most balanced setups i have seen for a big mash, with over 50 people in the game, It ran smoothly (No Replacements, No Moderrors to my knowledge), and while there were roles more powerful than others, the roles were very much well balanced across the board, both wolves and town having high kp to make sure that the game goes at a pretty good pace, with the game lasting about 5 in game days. The events were also really good, with the battleship game being a major standout from those that played.

Overall, just an amazing job all around, and i can only thank them for running a great game in my opinon

8 Likes

Night kills, town lynches and partly due high risk of death events.

What’s your point?

(oh and ITA)

I would like to nominate catbae for Best Town Performance - Single Player (large game), in FAM 2.

Catbae only lived for one day of the mash, but during that one day, his reads had an incredible level of accuracy. He worked his way through a lot of contentious slots and provided correct takes on them, all of which I listed in the spoiler below. In the latter half of day 1, he posted a readlist where the wolfiest grouping had 7/9 wolves, and the villageriest grouping had 30/33 villagers. The highest-placed wolf on the readlist found his way there because of an event where a wolf died, which made the thread consensus clear him. Considering the fact FAM 2 was a 54-player game, that readlist alone was a massively high-impact post.

However, catbae did not just post reads for the sake of it; he also actively tried to dissuade people from going after wolfy villagers. He dissuaded people from killing Cape, Hippolytus, and Taffy, to name a few - all of whom were town and all of whom eventually ended up dying either in ITAs or to town KP. He also correctly discouraged the village from suspecting eevee for the spyfall event that made him look bad.

I originally wanted to quote only a few of catbae’s posts, but his ISO is a goldmine of overwhelmingly correct takes and assessments. He did have a few incorrect reads and pushes, namely a push on village!Apprentice toward the end of day 1, but compared to all his successes, this does not actually matter. The spoiler below contains the biggest highlights, and the sheer amount of them should be telling.

Summary

As expected, wolves were not going to let catbae live, or else he would have created a devastating ITA shotlist based on those reads. So, catbae was killed on night 1. However…

Catbae was the literal only Vanilla Townie in the game. So, not only did catbae threaten the wolves enough to make them kill him night 1 - he did so as the setup’s only VT, and consequently prevented a PR from getting killed in his place.

The village ended up losing the game, but catbae was still scary as hell. I can’t think of a villager more deserving of an individual nomination for FAM 2 than him.

13 Likes

My point is town didn’t really play that well if we got into that situation in the first place.
Town controls executions and ITA’s.

Right

The town victory depend on finding Mafia Vig and from here its GG

We picked the wrong side of the coin flip, believe me when I saw more votes popping on OutedWolf, I only think that this is act of deception, to sow doubt on OutedWolf and move our votes to Pigeon instead.

So we got literally Death Star’d while I am like Tarkin

Until Alice took away my powers, I became the second

However I seconded this

second + i will also note that we rolecopped him vt
then n1’d him anyways

3 Likes

to be clear he could have just not had a night ability, but the fact that you guys concluded that he was VT → NKed him anyway makes it even more clear how much wolves wanted him gone

im thirding it to make a statement tbh

1 Like

Second

1 Like

Agreed. That was a great fakeclaim.

Seconded.

Fourthed I mean.

Fifthed, cause Marl fourthed it
So I’ll sixth it :P

1 Like

Que interesante

Kiiruma and me shared almost the same spaces for our ships in the end.

1 Like

Tell me more about how good battle boats was