Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

current thoughts:

I feel like I’m the only person townreading Arctic
ok, not a townread but more townlean - I don’t think the things they’ve put out there have been that bad and I do get a sense of trying to get the discussion going from them and just poking at things like someone liking a post but not saying anything in thread

Eliza is town because we had 1 mindmeld already - hopefully there will be more
this is a tried and tested method of reading Eliza that has worked™ so far

May - idk yet but nothing has pinged me so far
entrance post is fine and I did end up seeing a conclusion from there (though it didn’t go anywhere)
kind of null to nulltown level

beancat is in a similar place
they’re fine so far - I do remember them being slightly more aggressive as scum so that makes me feel better about the slot

Vulgard - I’m slightly paranoid of
the townread on me kinda came on very strongly and it’s from my initial question asking if Arctic is scum so it kind of feels like Vul could be pocketing me while pushing Arctic and now I’m more than slightly paranoid
the reasons were also kind of idk, the confidence didn’t really match up

1 Like

oh and Whysper I don’t have a read on but idk I’d like to play with them longer so don’t kill for now :wowee:

1 Like

Curious about Arctic and May’s interaction around the push on Eliza. Specifically, both of them feel very… I don’t know the proper word for this, but they’re very ‘complying’ with each other? Like, they seam very… relaxed? But not exactly that. May also specifically didn’t latch onto the RT avenue, and I’m curious if Arctic offered that specifically looking to see if May would immediately try to back out of it and would like a response for this from Arctic.

Hello, posting snd forcing myself not to delete any thought.

Have mostly been backreading because I feel like I’m struggling to make any read, it’s my first game on forum mafia and the format is different from what I’m used to. Most of it is inconfidence in making reads based on feeling.

Generally a bit skeptical about Vul and Arc’s general confidence in reads, but might just be… eh, confidence and quick decisions feel like pushing to rush through the game.

Another thing that feels off to me is Eliza’s short posts, with little comments and not expanding on any of them. Generally feels like a wolfy thing to try and seem active in solving, but not try and add any own thoughts. Might just be like me lurking in a slightly different way, ig.

Well, that’s my first game post.

4 Likes

pushes on Eliza feel forced, like yeah sure she didnt do anything by posting “first” but like it their first message trying to take anything from that feels really meh. I get it if you’re just voting them to try to get them to have to paly the game but having it be something you want to go off of feels like it will end poorly

1 Like

Alright, Arctic elaboration time.

I don’t have much experience with Arctic - we have one proper game played together, and he was a wolf in that one, but from what I’ve seen, he’s a very confident as scum, and rightfully so. The fact that the wolfteam he led had zero fear came across in the general gamestate to me before I even knew he specifically was a wolf. His opening posts in that game were, again, very confident:

(Fucked up the quotes thread is here: Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered - #46 by Arctic)

hmmmm. honestly, i often find that eliza is actually more verbose as a wolf with her explanations for stuff because she’s trying to post to get townread and avoid scumreads, which is a consideration she doesn’t usually have as town.
have you seen eliza as a wolf before? and what was wrong with her opener?

meh, okay. in general though i find it a little odd that you believe eliza being concise is a scumtell particularly seeing as this is RVS and you haven’t seen her wolf before (i find it’s actually the opposite lol).
VOTE: May
you are being put in the naughty chair. whether you are mafia or were trying to reach for that read on eliza in an honest attempt to get the game going is tbd

He immediately recognized what I was doing because he knew I was town, and he also knew that I was making a push on a townie, so he was happy to state that my read fucking sucked, which it obviously did. These posts… should’ve set off more alarm bells in my head than it did at the time, but what can I say, I feel immediate kinship with anyone who will help me take a game out of RVS.

On the other hand, here he sounds, like… totally different. Nervous, even. It feels like his mindset’s completely changed from last game, and my first instinct is that’s it’s townie, but… I don’t have a ton of experience with Arctic, so I don’t know how much he tends to intentionally shake up his wolfgames. I could see a world where this is an intentional avoidance of his tells from last game - he’s obviously aware that he’s a confident wolf and not a confident villager, and the fact that I managed to pick up on this immediately does mean it’s a bit heavy-handed… I’m not sure. I’m not supposed to say I’m not sure this early in the game, I’m supposed to build a wonderful palace of unfounded reads, but I sure am not sure.

2 Likes

lol
at least you admit it i guess? but this is wild

i don’t think me being scared of reading you because i misread you once is going to be good for the game

i also think may is town for this entire post

revisit this post if lemonfairy is a wolf maybe
not too sure about the connection but i’m always suspicious of such responses to early-game pushes

is this all you have after backreading? you stopped posting after that which was 4 hours ago

1 Like

i think this is a wolfy opener
largely because the bolded feels self-conscious

1 Like

i’m not planning to hard tunnel you unless i still think you’re a wolf at eod though so don’t feel like you need to omgus me
wish people knew that in general

VOTE: Nokiel

i think i like this better for now

beancat is whatever until she starts making reads, those should determine her alignment

1 Like

in fact i’d like opinions on this post in general

uh well okay the context here is that May made a similar bad read on eliza at the start of last game which made me realize that it was probably an RT this game when she did the same thing. i mean i invited her to clarify for sure but she… didn’t, probably so others could still be able to react to the post at that point without completely spoiling it. i didn’t really mean to offer this as an explanation i just inadvertently did this while trying to figure out what was going on

hi
why were you deleting thoughts
were you worried about how you would look or do you just not really believe them?

1 Like

this response feels kinda muted to me compared to how bad i personally thought that push was and it also doesn’t actually address the poster or what it means for their alignment

they also just left after this point so rip

1 Like

i honestly kinda townread the progression from posting that into just leaving, feels like not caring about perception

this is interesting
see wolfing is much easier for me to play confidently because i have perfect information and know exactly what moves i need to make to benefit my alignment
if you read the wolf chat i was predicting things that went down on day 4/day 5 while we were still on day 2 (that zorvo would flip his arete read and go me for me instead while realizing me and molly were partners) and this was why we nearly killed him on night 2
i knew i wanted magnus dead because his reads were perfect and was worried about people listening to them at night if he were nightkilled

eh i don’t really deliberately shake them up unless the wolf rands are back to back with similar people (like i would have had to this game for instance). that doesn’t mean i don’t change them a fair amount each time as i get better. i think last game i added an emotional part to my wolfgame that was missing. i don’t think i was even aware of the tell you’ve pointed out in this post so i can’t say i would have changed it if i randed wolf lol

1 Like

i feel like its more likely to actually mean nothing but we’ll see