Wild West FM 2 (2/25) - Town wins!

I’m sorry i was… being a loser earlier <3

I have been typing a case for the last hour or so before I answered Achro’s question about my thoughts on Lol. Twenty points to the first person who guesses who I cased.

it’s ok :blue_heart: we all have those momenfs

show case i need food

1 Like

Lol claimed evil and I think he’s bold enough to do that as actual evil so I wanted to leave it until later.

This might be presumptuous, but VOTE: Achromatic.

To make a long story short, his style of play is extremely reminiscent of at least Strategem-10, as well as the pattern of his posts this game resembling some of his behaviour in Popcorn, and the weird thing is that it almost seems intentional on his part. I probably won’t be directly referencing Morbtainado or Umineko here to support my point, although I’ll likely cite some of his more recent town games and some older ones to establish a general trend.

1. Tone.
    This might be subjective and up to debate whether you consider Achro’s entrance (#80) determining his intention to employed a laid back style of play, in comparison to his usual trademark aggressive style of play, to be particularly alignment indicative. On the other hand, I can’t find a recent example where Achro employed this same approach as a villager. In regards to recent towngames such as Binary Stars; Need For Speed; or TOTA, In spite of Achro’s trend as the first night kill, he has consistently been the most motivated and active player in the game. This has usually held true for every town game he has been in from what I can remember, except for maybe that one game I forgot the name of. I’m not going to suggest suspecting someone because they’re quieter than usual if that isn’t alignment indicative, but in order to simply accept Achro’s opening that he was intending on taking a step back from the thread, it should be important to read into whether he has demonstrated such a behaviour before as evil.

I don’t know enough to say whether low activity should be considered a scumtell for Achro, expecially when high activity certainly isn’t. But as a matter of fact, Achro has pulled similar behaviour before as evil. In Strategem-10, his average postcount per day (excluding the final day) was 79 and during the first day he let the thread do its own thing before swooping up at the end of day 1 with a “correct” read. (This might be a side tangent, but Achro pulled out a last minute “correct” scumread again in Popcorny Mafia, so that might also be a scumtell if v!Achro’s more likely to follow through with a read he’d been confident in most of the day prior to that point. Just food for thought.)

1. Actual Gameplay

Achro jumped into this game with a positive read on Leafia’s slot. (#80) For reasons that I’m happy to reiterate, this doesn’t make sense. Immediately prior to that post, Leafia had made a post that resembled a scumtell of hers. Regardless of whether or not Leafia is evil and whether it’s an actual slip, none of Leafia’s other posts should have given v!Achro the impression that she was immediately good. If this was a reaction test, he presumably would have made something of it earlier. As well as #159’s townread on Radijae, these are just bad faith townread that resembles Strategem-10’s #436 where Achro also used the logic of “I would’ve caught this player if they were evil, therefore they’re good” in order to pocket players #234.

It gets better. Achro decided to designate Lol as his push relatively early into the game #590, and hasn’t changed gears since then (1033). This closely more resembles his play in Popcorny, actually, where he decided to try and get me executed first and foremost and tailored his worldview for the few few days around that. It comes across as more shady than anything else, since Achro isn’t hard pushing Lol and telling everyone else to kill Lol today, but he’s trying to set up that read and get everyone else to sheep him. Contrast TOTA, where he quite clearly expressed his scumread on Leafia (she’s evil, kill her now, I’m telling you to kill her now, etcetera) and moved on to other things during the day (TOTA’s #203). Pushing Lol first wasn’t even Achro’s read, nor does he try taking credit for it, so it’s like he’s just happy to go along with it.

I give it 30/70 odds that if Achro is evil, #1021 is the latter responding to a hypothetical push on another wolf in the same way as Popcorny’s #1392. Lower odds because it doesn’t as closely resemble that post as I first thought.

I don’t think I can reasonably suspect #1065 when it’s a classic Achro ask as either alignment, but I distinctly remember him asking this question to me a lot as evil; all in Morbtainado, Strategem-10, Popcorny, you name it. When he’s town I feel like he usually asks it about people that I am also implying a scumread on or not exactly talking about, which could maybe hold up here with Lol but I don’t think it does?

Anyway.

TL;DR

Achro playstyle resembles wolfgames more than towngames by quite a large margin, in fact.
Probably unaligned with Leafia and Radijae.
Probably unaligned with Lol as well.

2 Likes

I’m not particularly sure why so many people are concerned about May’s slot this early on when little of what he’s done can be called NAI. May’s always been a slow burner. It’s part of her charm.

1 Like

sorry dont feel like watching sumo today …

pretty confident. if he keeps it up confidence will keep rising

Random thought: There is not enough poles in this game.

1 Like

Me

1 Like

1000% disagree if Achro is wolf

i am i did it in my last wolf game (albeit it was a turbo)

i also did it in my last town game

1 Like

I love you.

Let’s stay friends and stuff, but the fact that you actually took my advice and made wallcase readable by linking relevant stuff is… I love you.

3 Likes

wake up babe magnus is town

1 Like

Your town!you feels the same in every game so I’m mainly hoping that when you rand evil again your behaviour will just feel different, to be honest.

No problem. I think it looks prettier this way, anyway. I have been using hyperlinks instead of a thousand quotes in my recent games, but this does look much more readable.

My logic is that Leafia can very much be the type of player to OMGUS and reverse-tunnel her attackers, at least as evil, and triggering a player with that defensive instinct can be potentially risky for a wolf like Achro. On the other hand, throwing out unexplained townreads fits his demonstrated behaviour as evil.

That was an opening for you to explain your contention, for what it’s worth.

Easiest townread of my life.
I’ve made this joke half a dozen times by now.

It won’t.

1 Like

I don’t think Achro cares about upsetting Leafia and getting tunneled he wins those