Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered

Awesome. Random Question Stage time:

1. My last game was Starcraft FM, during which I caught and thunderdomed a wolf, and then immediately turned around and went “wait but this wolf blatantly isn’t partnered with someone who has an unbelievable claim, I guess he’s town”, and went on to announce loudly just that. Turns out I was wrong, the claim was possible, and I gave @Zorvo an easy ticket to the endgame. From that I learned that mech spec is a terrible specter that makes me lose countless games and I should not engage with it, something that will probably serve me here.

2. I was hoping to rand town, so I used my wonderful, time-honored strategy for doing so: decide ahead of time that I was going to rand wolf, and only allow myself to worry about what strategies I would apply and who my partners would be. It’s not as easy to worry about those things, so it calms me down for a while, and then I get a wonderful little surprise when my rolecard is green.

3. Hard to say. I’ve played a lot with Zorvo, Magnus, and Eliza, but I’m not sure I’m that good at reading any, given I’ve never really seen much from the latter two as wolves. I do have a decent sample size of Zorvo’s wolf and town games, so probably him?

1 Like

if im being honest i completely forgot

i have not randed mafia in ages :sob:

i do not keep track of such pitfiul matters

Summary

this is an incredibly stupid read but I kind of think this might be townie

See, I willingly played a gamenight that concluded roughly an hour ago, and during that one I learned that it is not very easy to simultaneously play Splatoon 3 Salmon Run and Among Us, unless you want to lose at both (which I did). I do love losing at things, as is evidenced by the fact that I continue to play games here, so it was no problem for me at all.

If I’m going to irrelevantpost here, I may as well put something actually game-related into it, so let’s do just that. VOTE: Eliza’s answers to the Random Question Stage were incredibly brief in a way that reads as an attempt to avoid putting too much readable content out there earlygame as a wolf. Sure, she tends to be a concise person in general, something I can only aspire toward, but combined with her opener, it just strikes me as odd.

1 Like

skill issue

2 Likes

skill issue

3 Likes

I can’t believe my own alt would be so rude to me.

1 Like

oh no the new player is a threadcamper

1 Like

arete, you know i doomerpost in the wolf chat too lol. this is something i would be trying to improve on regardless of my alignment

i guess you could argue that if i were mafia this consideration would be less relevant because lolmountainous lolfol. though the extent of my doomerism knows no bounds

who else loves losing at things

@Chloe

hmmmm. honestly, i often find that eliza is actually more verbose as a wolf with her explanations for stuff because she’s trying to post to get townread and avoid scumreads, which is a consideration she doesn’t usually have as town.

have you seen eliza as a wolf before? and what was wrong with her opener?

1 Like

there’s a difference between ‘wanting to change something about how you play’ and ‘saying in the game thread that you want to say that thing’

I believe that mafia!Arctic would decide not to doomerpost in mafia chat but I think it’s less?likely for him to reference that in public

1 Like

I’ve technically seen Eliza as a wolf, but that was Valorant mafia, where Zorvo decided to N1 me after having seen me play one game, a decision I still don’t fully understand. I saw a bit of her D1 there, but given that game necessitated a new thread within two day phases, I don’t remember much… it all blurs together. 7,500 posts in two in-game days… I forgot just how bad it was. No wonder I had no clue what was going on.

There’s nothing in particular wrong with her opener, it’s just also very concise.

1 Like

This is not an opening post.

3 Likes

okay fine
do you have any thoughts on Eliza / May’s read of Eliza

meh, okay. in general though i find it a little odd that you believe eliza being concise is a scumtell particularly seeing as this is RVS and you haven’t seen her wolf before (i find it’s actually the opposite lol).

VOTE: May
you are being put in the naughty chair. whether you are mafia or were trying to reach for that read on eliza in an honest attempt to get the game going is tbd

how do you plead

Successful.

1 Like

I don’t think I can really play for a couple hours, we had a meltdown in Mafia chat and I’m trying to resolve it. (Jarek didn’t rand Even-Night CPR Doctor.)

3 Likes

Hard Claiming Alignment Cop

1 Like

Got an Arsonist check on Magnus

1 Like

i gurantee that may’s read on me is one of those “let’s provoke as many people as possible to generate content” reads

2 Likes

in terms of accuracy I think it is ~rand, in my experience with Eliza she does not post very many words (in volume or post length) regardless of alignment

I believe May believes that in the general case ‘not writing very many words in posts that could have more explanation’ is wolfy but that basically just means ‘town or making a read that she thinks is a read she would make as town’ which is not very helpful :wowee:

if she has experience with town!Eliza it’s more likely to be wolfy, ‘Eliza doesn’t post a lot of words’ is pretty easy to notice :wowee:

…which upon looking it looks like she does, Morbtainado and Starcraft at least (maybe more but I’m lazy) so she should know better on that

@May why did you think Eliza being concise was wolfy for her?

1 Like

Is this Potential Distancing I see? :upside_down_face:

1 Like