Poor Approximations of Catgirls - Thread 1

/vote Mistyx @Nyarchmage

feelin pretty directionless

i may simply stop trying

I refuse to believe it’s objectively bad to vote Marshal
But nobody is selling me on why she’s town
Just parroting everyone else by saying vaguely that her macro is good and Vulgard wouldn’t vote a partner is far from what I’d call convincing reasons
Convince me what she’s done that benefits town. Give specific examples. Make me believe that you guys actually believe what you’re saying instead of handwaving, because you can absolutely misclear a wolf and set them up to endgame this way, and I don’t want that to happen with any slots, including but not limited to Marshal.

i most likely die without ever having had respectable and committed takes

ain’t that just the way

she pulled a ton of vul spew last night beyond the voting stuff that looked good for her on multiple fronts imo

i also just really townread her on a lot of micro post stuff idk

/vote Squirrel2412 @Nyarchmage

idr wanna go wind here i think

1 Like

Like seriously, if you guys continue to say voting Marshal is bad because Vulgard’s spew makes her town, it isn’t a stronger argument than how I’m saying I think she’s spewed wolf from Vulgard. It’s just two opposite interpretations meaning that it actually isn’t crystal clear.

If you’re going to argue back with a subjective interpretation and tell me my read is bad and wrong without giving examples, then vote me and I’ll thunderdome Marshal.

I’m not even completely set on locking marshal as a wolf but the arguments toward her being town have not been good arguments.

What’s the current case against Squirrel?
Last I left off, I said he was one of my townleans, but I ISO’d him now instead of going to sleep and there are a couple things I’m a little sketched out by

On the other hand there are some things that I think point away from him being a wolf but I need to give it more thought

1 Like

i thought his post on wazza was wolfy yesterday and he’s been basically coasting through the poe without doing much

1 Like

Which post was it? I’ll take a look if you know roughly where it was

1 Like

Also idr how much I said about Vulgard’s vote on Squirrel but there was a brief vote on Squirrel kinda early in the day and then it got moved, and never went back to Squirrel even when Squirrel was being wagoned against Arete, whom Vulgard claimed to townread

So spew looks bad for Squirrel but I wanna make sure that’s actually a correct interpretation

1 Like

That’s a heck of a lot of preflipping for an early post

TARGET VOTES VOTED BY
WindwardAway 3/11 Arctic (#5851); LASERpointer (#5769); Marluxion (#5340)
Wazza 5/10 alana (#6015); bladescape (#5963); Hippopablompoyeetus (#5578)
Mistyx 3/11 Illwei (#6141); Millium (#6103); min (#5385)
Squirrel2412 2/11 Mistyx (#6146); Wisdom (#4893)
bladescape 1/11 nutella (#5100)
Hippopablompoyeetus 1/11 Wazza (#4633)
BS4215 1/11 Marshal (#5244)
Marshal 1/10 WindwardAway (#6114)
Not Voting 5 BS4215; Kyubey; Moonwink; nightingale; Squirrel2412

I need to cross check that vote progression with Vul’s reads and see if there are inconsistencies

Not gonna do it right now but feel free to remind me if I forget

Nvm I remembered I had this saved for easy access

JC had Squirrel at the bottom of his readlist
Vulgard just made this comment and didn’t say exactly where Squirrel was, but apparently it wasn’t worth putting him into the townread section which is weird

Will follow up later on what Vulgard gave as a reason when he voted Squirrel

Gonna try to sleep again

same

I would also vote wind

I’m giving up on quoting everything from vulgard’s iso

I’ll post what I have on arctic spew but after that it’ll be more condensed

arctic

I don’t think he expects this vote to stick - especially that last sentence about reading the rest seems like it’s setting himself up to switch off of it and wants the vote there for visibility

shifting away from pushing arctic for the time being while still keeping a plausible reason to revisit the slot later and push it

you don’t really do that with bus targets imo

[quote=“Vulgard, post:929, topic:1964”]

this isn’t a good look for wazza
but it’s mostly just arctic shade, which also points towards t!arctic

assumes v!arctic I think
if w!alana has tmi on w!arctic then she would definitely care about the reasons ppl wolfread him so she could defend him properly

this refusal to give arctic towncred doesn’t make sense if they’re w/w

especially since vulgard is a lw and wouldn’t want to get nked

more shade

an aside: vulgard also engages with arctic a surprising amount, despite scumreading him
might be tmi t!arctic
or I could be reaching w/e

a lot of posturing, but he doesn’t actually engage anybody else to get them to change their votes
odd since arctic was nowhere near a viable wagon (2 votes, including his own) and seems to indicate that he didn’t really care about flipping arctic

this post is the most concentrated effort vulgard makes to get arctic out, but it’s also the last post that he makes that ever makes about arctic

instead, he starts going after jc (probably not as a legitimate wagon attempt, but more about discrediting him) and alana

tl;dr:
arctic is still town - vulgard shades him at every opportunity he can get, which feels like he was trying to discredit arctic and diminish his thread influence
he never really fully commits to pushing arctic, which makes me think that he was mostly testing the waters to see if arctic was a viable wagon rather than attempting to bus

1 Like