[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

dont ever kill aelin

Kill me llease

i’ve treated you like i don’t know if your push is based on bad faith or if you just hate me.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

EoD2 VC

Voted Voters Votes
Magnus Aelin, Trochilidae, Gorta, Leafia, Squirrel2412 5/6
Trochilidae Professor, EliThePsycho, Frog 3/6
Leafia Illwei 1/6
EliThePsycho BradLand 1/6
Not Voting Magnus 1

Yell at me if there’s any errors in your classcard, will do flip in a few minutes, nya

:joy_cat:

1 Like

EoD2 Flavor:

“Why’d you sign up?”

Wyatt’s voice was bored. The mission to the Contact Light’s last known location was taking longer than he expected.

Malik was on the floor, cleaning her rifle. “To get paid, mostly.”

“And that’s it?”

She grunted in affirmation. She continued to wipe down the weapon.

“I’m here to find something.” He continued. “I shipped it a few years back, but I don’t think it made it before the train went down. I’m guessing it’s still in the Contact Light. So I’m gonna get it back.”

She began to tighten the last remaining bolts. Her routine near completion, she moved her gaze to Wyatt. “Seriously?”

“Yep!”

Malik raised her brow. “There were over 7 million security chests in the Contact Light. The chance of you finding a specific one is impossible.” She began to unfold her legs as she propped her rifle in the corner. “And according to the distress beacon, the Contact Light was destroyed in orbit. Your shipment is probably floating around in space. It’s all gone, Wyatt.”

He grinned. “I think I’m gonna find it.”

“You’re terrible.”

play risk of rain 2

@Magnus has been executed! They were…

Tougher Times

Aww, look at the cute little common item! It’s just a little teddy bear! It’s just… one of the best items in the game? What? That’s stupid, how could a teddy bear be one of the most important survival items in the game?

I don’t know, and neither do you. While we figure that out, you’re a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

You win when you eliminate the Mafia.

Night 2 has begun and will end 2021-12-05T00:00:00Z, actions will be locked 30 minutes prior to this.

1 Like

D3 Postcap list (will be reposted SoD3)

Frog - 158
BradLand - 111
Aelin - 182
Squirrel2412 - 101
illwei - 104
Leafia - 176
Gorta - 86
EliThePsycho - 70
Professor - 176
Trochilidae - 149

2 Likes

The following logs were found last night:

Mercenary

The europian noble paced around in his chambers, nervously glancing at the antique clock adorning his wall. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

The riots had been escalating and showed no signs of slowing down. Effigies burned, statues were torn down, and countless politicians turned their backs on the once-prestigious nobility of Europa. The people have had enough. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

It was only a matter of time– either the noble would have to flee, or the mob would finally breach the palace. Even his bodyguards began to show signs of betrayal. Time, the noble thought, was something he did not have. The antique clock kept ticking, working upon the noble’s mind. Keeping him distracted - just long enough. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

And as the antique clock kept ticking, the noble’s body hit the floor. The Mercenary sheathed his blade. His footsteps were unheard as he left the palace– masked by the rhythmic ticking of the clock. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

risk of rain 2

@Professor has died! They were…

Mercenary

Commonly mistaken with Genji, the Mercenary is the “high risk, high reward” character of the game. And they sure as hell make it fun, with their extreme mobility and multiple methods of obtaining invincibility frames, your skill with the sword is the only thing keeping your low health bar above 0.

As you are too busy cutting up bitches with your dashes, you are simply a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

You win when you eliminate the Mafia.

3 Likes

D3 Postcap list/massping

@Frog - 158
@BradLand - 111
@Aelin - 182
@Squirrel2412 - 101
@illwei - 104
@Leafia - 176
@Gorta - 86
@ElizaThePsycho - 70
@Trochilidae - 149

1 Like

SoD3 Flavor:

Stage 3: Rallypoint Delta

“Hey, if anyone can- My name is Malik Dhillon. I was aboard the Contact Light when, oh god- The ship crashed, marooning us here. I’ve never seen anything- I’ve never seen anything like this. Monsters, terrifying monsters, coming at us from all sides. We set up a base, to try and gather up numbers… But it didn’t matter. There’s, there’s too many of them! I don’t think we can last. If anyone gets this message, please, send help to these coordinates! They’re uh, they’re embedded in the message’s frequency. They should be… I don’t think we can last much-“

– Signal echoes, UES Contact Light

credit to Hopoo Games for the lore that i am shamelessly stealing for flavor and for making a really fun game you should play (this game is not sponsored but i wish it were) (please sponsor me) (buy risk of rain 2)

Day 3 has begun and will end at 2021-12-07T00:00:00Z, or sooner if majority is reached. The 50 post cap will be lifted at 2021-12-06T23:00:00Z.

With 9 alive, majority is 5.

You may now post.

1 Like

1 Like

I finally town read you lmfao

i don’t give a single fuck i’m posting this it took too long

okay before i get into the good shit
i want to make an apology @professor yeah you’ve made a lot of bad reads towards me and i was angry, but that was no excuse for me to keep firing back personally
…especially my last few posts were out of line and i’m sorry about that
also @aelin i’m sorry for snapping at you yesterday i know you were trying to help and i appreciate that

anyways
i’m frustrated at myself
and at the way this game has gone so i’m sitting down and just starting from fucking scratch
looking at all the players

Frog - 158
BradLand - 111
Aelin - 182
Squirrel2412 - 101
illwei - 104
Leafia - 176
Gorta - 86
EliThePsycho - 70
Professor - 176
Trochilidae - 149

now let’s rearrange in order of post count

Aelin - 182
Professor - 176
Leafia - 176
Frog - 158
Trochilidae - 149
BradLand - 111
illwei - 104
Squirrel2412 - 101
Gorta - 86
EliThePsycho - 70

now let’s start with the people who have contributed the least to the game
have they made any impact on the game? If so what and how?
let’s look at eli first

he voted me EOD 2, making me the counter wagon to magnus (who was town)
this basically ensured a town member would always get yote
and his contribution EOD 1 was to vote frog, someone who was never gonna be yote
so his contribution here was essentially worthless as cloned’s wagon steamrolled EOD

does this necessarily make eli a wolf? no
however it doesn’t look good especially when you look at how he handled EOD 2

@ElizaThePsycho so what i want from you now is to ask a few questions
if you’re town you need to show us and if you can’t answer ur blocked
blocked none of u are free from sin

assume that i’m town, how does your worldview change?

with magnus being town what do you think about each member of his wagon?

who are likely people you could see aligned as a mafia team?

HOWEVER
on the other hand we must consider something i touched on yesterday- that if a wolf in the towncore leading us to a string of mislynches
due to magnus being town i’m forced to look at this more intently…and as well apply this to how people have been treating myself because i’ve been forced into the position of being “mislynchable”

here i’m looking into professor, and looking into frog to a lesser extent
something in particular i want to note with professor is their voting behaviour
on day one, they vote cloned halfway through while urging others to join them
granted it’s not a crime to vote a villager or urge others to do so, but as with eli earlier this combined with pushing bad faith reads and attempting to create v/v wagons on day one and day two…it doesn’t look good
on day two, they voted me at the start of the day and never once moved it once, even appearing to give up at EOD
this isn’t the behaviour of a tunneled, determined townie doing everything they can to prove themselves but of a disappointed and exhausted wolf upset they couldn’t get the misexe they’ve been pushing all day long

i’ll continue fleshing out my thoughts (starting with frog) as this post isn’t technically finished, been baking all day

side note: WILL NOT REALLY BE ACTIVE TOMORROW, GOING TO FAMILY CHRISTMAS FOR MOST OF THE DAY

3 Likes

I’ll be around Trochi, overall I can vibe with what you’re doing

I have some notes on Eli that might be helpful since you’ve been looking there:

EliThePsycho

Day 1 General Notes:

Generally floats the idea that pigeon is town when Pigeon receives pushback.

A.
I don’t exactly see why anyone would defend Pigeon here judging by the way they were posting from my POV.

B.
But I also don’t see why as Mafia they wouldn’t capitalize on pushing Pigeon.

I don’t think this is exactly alignment indicative, because it could go either way.

Instead they vote me and leave. Judging from the way the day was playing out, I was just wasn’t ever going to be the yeet, so this vote is weird.

It’s weird because it doesn’t actually accomplish anything. At the time it was between cloned and pigeon. Eli basically chose neither and went for me instead.

Eli never talks about Cloned, at all.

A.
Eli knows both wagons are Town, sees that it’s safe to vote off wagon to not get any blame either way it goes.

B.
Why would wolf Eli vote me of all people? That’s just asking for negative attention and judging by the way Eli has been playing, barely at all, that seems like a really really bad play from my point of view.

I think overall from my POV Eli comes out as actually not wolf IMO.

Day 2 General Notes:

Calling Professor Town for two consecutive posts and saying they’ll sheep them, sheeps professors vote onto trochi.

A.
Professor and Eli are wolves together. This is power wolfing Trochi over. But if it is power wolfing, why didn’t they go harder onto Trochi? Both professor and Eli both just kind of chilled and sat back while Magnus took he brunt of the suss. That could be a reason, they had no need to push harder than they needed to? Maybe?

B.
Professor and Eli and Trochi are all wolves together and they were power bussing. In this scenario I would expect a bit more drama posts between the three. Some genuine wolf theater. And Eli basically never even talked to or about Trochi. So this feels unlikely.

C.
Eli is Town and Professor is Town or Mafia, doesn’t matter which. In this scenario Eli is just choosing to sheep Professor because he makes walls. Professor is an alt so the only thing that really defines him so far is that he made walls against Cloned, and he made walls at start of Day 2. Professor was considering different worlds, and by end of day 2 I think I found professor Town as well. I could see how Eli just thought Professor is Town as Town just for a gut read tbh. I think my initial gut read on professor was Town as well so this tracks.

Eli sheeping professor doesn’t really define alignments for either of them.

Soft defending Gorta from Aelin

A.
Eli Mafia, Gotta Town. Is Eli pocketing Gotta here acting like a white knight? HE spends like 4 posts making this point and in the end it’s like a very soft defense of Gorta that he doesn’t even see to believe in himself. Which is kind of funny tbh. I don’t think this is super pocketing of Gorta, I think this probably Eli Town tbh.

B.
Eli is Town, he just had this feeling on Gorta that maybe is a good read or not? Like I could tell he just like was even indecisive about this read which felt Towny to me. The uncertainty of something he just said.

Overall Eli looking Towny form this exchange

Makes a case against Squirrel being suspicious

Eli goes specifically after Squirrel here in what seems like his only real ISO case work. He questions Squirrels naked vote on Pigeon, then he questions Squirrel’s posts that kind of look like PR baiting, then questions why Squirrel moves over to Cloned. Pigeon responds to Eli here.

A.
I can 100% see Eli’s point on Squirrel being suss here tbh. If Eli is Mafia, I’m like being convinced out of my town read on squirrel here. Signs should point to this being W/W but it doesn’t feel that way. It’s not enough theater to make it feel like W/W. It’s just one succinct suspicion back and forth with squirrel.

B.
I can see this coming from Eli Town easily, and Squirrels alignment doesn’t matter here for this read tbh. It’s on a player who has largely been town read and bringing them to the light. It’s like not something I think Wolf Eli does with Wolf Squirrel for example.

Eli towny for this squirrel push

—————

Conclusion Eli Town
—————

Player interactions and stuff, who is Eli not a wolf with:

Players Eli Talks To:
Trochilidae : [#102](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/102?u=frog )
Leafia: [#214](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/214?u=frog )
Frog [#382](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/382?u=frog )
Frog [#395](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/395?u=frog )
Frog [#405](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/405?u=frog )
Frog [#545](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/545?u=frog )
Aelin & Gorta [#803](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/803?u=frog )
Squirrel [#815](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/815?u=frog )

Players who Talk to Eli:
Frog x5
Aelin x4
Leafia x3
Squirrel x2
Trochi x2
Professor

Players Who Eli Votes:
Frog
Trochi

Players Who Vote For Eli:
Frog
Illwei
Leafia
BradLand

Who is least likely wolf with Eli?
Frog

Not super useful for me, but hopefully useful for others

1 Like

This isn’t looking good. I was really surprised by Magnus’s flip there. I even did a spit take when I saw it. Note to self: Don’t be drinking a glass of water when a flip comes. I’m okay though. This doesn’t paint Gorta or Aelin in a good light if you ask me though. I’ll be using my posts a lot more sparingly today and I plan to ISO a few people when I have time either later or tomorrow. There’s something important that we’re not seeing and I intend to figure out what it is.

dude what the actual fuck
do you have notes on anyone else

THIS GAME EISTS

/vote Frog

I HAVE A REDCHECK ON FROG

2 Likes

YEah, I’m kind of vibing with you on the sort by postcount become werewolf master, I worked on Eli and Gorta and started on Squirrel. I want to get done with Squirrel and Eli by tonight to get a better idea of the rest of the field. TBH I was planning on just sheeping professor today and voting you lol

Here’s my Gorta notes:

Gorta

On Day 2 I repped a fake peek on Gorta = Town. If Gorta is Town I fully expect to be dead tbh because I’m not sure how anyone can like call Gorta Town tbh.

Day 1 General Notes:

I noticed something Magnus said about Gorta in [#722]( https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/722 )
This post tells me Gorta does read the thread, but doesn’t take the time to absorb and understand everything.” The rest of the post is Magnus continuing to Suss Gorta. This feels relevant because Gorta is actually reading the game despite what others may think about Gorta

Gorta makes a few reads on day 1. Brad Town, Professor Mafia, and catches heat from like Professor and Magnus off the top of my head.

A.
Gorta is mafia, actually reading the game, but doing the absolute bare minimum.

I can maybe see this? Like as long as they’re not in any real danger they’ll just keep coasting? I think we need to hold Gorta accountable for a higher level of play at this stage in the game.

B.
Gotta is town, actually reading the game, and posting how they feel, they don’t really care about anything else.

It’s a Towny mindset to just do your thing and not really care about anyone or anything else. The reads Gotta made day 1 I totally jived with Professor Mafia, Brad Town so I can totally see Gorta Town here off of mind melds

Overall can’t really find anything alignment indicative off of not playing much, but Gotta should be held to a higher standard of play going forward

Day 2 General Notes:

Gorta spends this day making two pushes, Professor and Magnus. He doesn’t vote professor today, he votes Magnus over Professor.

A.
Gorta is Mafia with Professor creating distance. We saw Gorta Pushing Professor Day 1, but ultimately professor was never really in danger. On Day 2 there was legitimate ability for Professor to be voted out, but it never actually happened. Instead we got Magnus and Trochi for much of the day with a side of Professor. So if Gorta wanted to push Professor over, they could have but didn’t. They decided instead to push Magnus who we know is Town. There is enough back and forth between professor and Gorta where it could conceivably be wolf theater, so w/w is possible.

How likely is this if Gorta is Mafia? That Gorta is Mafia exactly with Professor? I think professor was taking significant heat at one point on day 1 and then again on day 2 so it’s possible Gorta felt he needed to distance from Professor and vice versa but never actually push each other. Maybe??? Maybe tbh

B.
Gorta is Mafia and Professor is Town. Gorta prioritizes pushing over Magnus instead. If Professor is Town, I don’t think it will get any easier than me going full ham pushing professor. The time to jump on the yeet town professor train was chugging full steam and Gorta didn’t really hop all the way on board when I expect he would have. So I don’t think this scenario is super likely. The only exception would be like if Trochi is Mafia, in which case Gorta prioritizing pushing Magnus over Professor here makes sense. I don’t know how much wagonomics play into this I’ll have to check on this later

C.
Gotta is Town, and making these legitimate pushes on Professor and Magnus. I was 100% on board with pushing professor so I can mind meld with that. I was not 100% on board with pushing Magnus so I never got that push. Especially since it was something that Professor was more or less endorsing and I had Professor in my wolf pile, so a professor + Magnus world didn’t make a ton of sense for me. I’m not sure how this made sense to Gorta tbh. If Gorta is town here, they just do what they want and dgaf about what anyone else thinks. I can vibe with that tbh.

I need to check into wagonomics of day 2 to see what makes sense here, but ultimately it’s just speculation. I don’t think any alignment can be made off of Gorta’s wolf reads.

Gotta gets pushback from both Aelin and Illwei, and Gorta seems to brush them off with zero ounce of stress. It’s a very confident series of interactions tbh.

A.
Gotta is mafia playing Jedi mind tricks.

I don’t think Gorta keeps his composure like that tbh, I just don’t see it

B.
Gorta is Town 100% confident because they know they are town

This is just more likely tbh

Gorta probably town

Gorta makes a wolf team guess Aelin/Prof/Magnus

A.
Gorta is a wolf and therefore I invoke the rule of 3. There is one mafia in that group of 3. Between Aelin and Professor, I’m inclined to think it’s Aelin over Professor. Yesterday towards end of day Professor said something I don’t think they would say as Mafia (again I know they are an alt but they said something I don’t think wolves say). So yeah, Aelin wolf in that world of 3 world.

B.
Gorta is Town, they are using solving and world building in a way that I was more or less vibing with for a large part of the game (Aelin + Prof). I don’t see many Wolves go for team solves because it boxes them in in terms of who they can or can’t push going forward, so it just feels like if Gorta were wolf doing this they’d be shooting themselves in the foot.

I think Town Gotta comes up with team solves more of than Mafia Gorta
—————

Conclusion Gorta Light Town but needs to be held to higher standard of play for reliable alignment reads
—————

Player interactions and stuff, who is Gorta not a wolf with:

Players Gorta Talks To:
Frog : [#85](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/85?u=frog )
Frog : [#124](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/124?u=frog )
Frog : [#128](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/128?u=frog )
Brad & Frog & Leafia [#278](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/278?u=frog )
Professor [#613](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/613?u=frog )
Aelin [#758](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/758?u=frog )
Illwei [#761](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/761?u=frog )
Aelin [#770](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/770?u=frog )
Aelin [#775](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/775?u=frog )
Aelin [#781](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/781?u=frog )
Leafia [#786](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/786?u=frog )
Aelin [#788](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/788?u=frog )
Aelin [#791](
https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-thread-10-13-risky-light-game-featuring-rain-night-2/311/791?u=frog )

I originally excluded Magnus but I think it might be relevant so Gorta talks to Magnus:
4 times

Players who Talk to Gorta:
Professor x14
Magnus x12
Aelin x10
Squirrel x8
Frog x4
Bradland
Eli

Players Who Gorta Votes:
Professor
Magnus x2

Players Who Vote For Gorta:
no one

Who is least likely wolf with Gorta?
Professor
Magnus
Aelin

1 Like

Day 3 VC

Voted Voters Votes
Frog illwei 1/5
Not Voting Frog, BradLand, Aelin, Squirrel2412, Leafia, Gorta, EliThePsycho, Trochilidae 8

:joy_cat: