[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

EoD1 VC

Voted Voters Votes
Professor Gorta, clonedcheese 2/7
thepigeonnyc Leafia, BradLand 2/7
Bradland Illwei 1/7
clonedcheese Professor, Aelin, thepigeonnyc, Squirrel2412, Trochilidae, Magnus 6/7
Frog EliThePsycho 1/7
EliThePsycho Frog 1/7
Not Voting 0

Yell at me (in your classcard) if there are any mistakes in the votecount, will do flip in ~5 minutes if no problems arise.

:joy_cat:

2 Likes

:wowee:

– Insanity

1 Like

EoD1 Flavor:

Fixing a spare bayonet onto his shotgun, he glanced at the horizon. The thundering of footsteps big and small was growing louder and louder – they were nearly upon him. He went over his kit one last time.

Five bayonets. Twenty three packs of incendiary explosives. Fifteen magazines of armor-piercing ammunition. Thirty three sticky bombs. Four tear-gas grenades, and so on.

And his favorite – two shoulder-mounted missile launchers, loaded with six AtG Viper Missiles. Heat seeking, detonation power of 15 pounds of TNT per missile. Light-weight, and the best part – automatic firing mechanism. He initially favored a more analog approach to his weapons, but the thing had grown on him.

Turning to face the oncoming mob, he loaded his shotgun. The adrenaline started pumping.

“Bring it on.”

dont mind me stealing more risk of rain lore thx hopoo

@clonedcheese has been yeeted! They were…

AtG Missile Mk. 1

That’s just an empty image. Get it, cause it’s camouflaged? Please laugh. Anyway, missile go boom. Big proc chain. Big number. Perhaps the strongest green item in the game. Boom.

As you only have a 10% chance to take effect, you failed your roll and are only just a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

You win when you eliminate the Mafia.

Night 1 has begun and will end 2021-12-02T00:00:00Z, actions will be locked 30 minutes prior to this.

1 Like

D2 postcap list (this will be reposted at SoD2)

Frog - Post limit for D2: 103
BradLand - Post limit for D2: 85
Aelin - Post limit for D2: 104
Squirrel2412 - Post limit for D2: 82
illwei - Post limit for D2: 75
Leafia - Post limit for D2: 112
Magnus - Post limit for D2: 70
Gorta - Post limit for D2: 60
EliThePsycho - Post limit for D2: 61
Professor - Post limit for D2: 118
thepigeonnyc - Post limit for D2: 91
Trochilidae - Post limit for D2: 87

5 Likes

The following logs were found last night:

Bandit

A few drinks here, a few laughs there. A few more drinks. A sleight of hand – and bang, keycard access to the loading bay of the Safe Travels. The camo suit can handle the rest.

A secret mission means low profile – and low security. Besides, everyone is wearing environment suits before we leave orbit. How would they know?

I mean, it’s the goddamn Contact Light. Think of how much those higher security chests could flip for! And some of the militech on that ship? Howdy hey. That’s probably what some of the other boys were thinking, sneaking onto that ship in the first place.

My coat?

I’m a thief - not a plumber. Of course I’m bringing my coat.

@thepigeonnyc has died! They were…

Bandit

A returning survivor from the first game – the Bandit re-arrived in style. Very effective at chunking damage with his shotgun or consistently dishing it with his rifle, the Bandit is rewarded massively by precise movement and successful revolver kills. While not the most versatile character, you are easily one of the most fun ones.

While you ordinarily aim for killing blows, your attention to healthbars makes you fit to be a Town 2-Shot Odd Night Doctor. Two times during the game, on odd nights, you may target a player. They will be protected from death.

You win when you eliminate the Mafia.

1 Like

D2 postcap list/massping

@Frog - Post limit for D2: 103
@BradLand - Post limit for D2: 85
@Aelin - Post limit for D2: 104
@Squirrel2412 - Post limit for D2: 82
@illwei - Post limit for D2: 75
@Leafia - Post limit for D2: 112
@Magnus - Post limit for D2: 70
@Gorta - Post limit for D2: 60
@ElizaThePsycho - Post limit for D2: 61
@Professor - Post limit for D2: 118
@Trochilidae - Post limit for D2: 87

If you received no feedback, you slept peacefully.

1 Like

SoD2 Flavor:

Stage 2: Wetland Aspect

Yeah, I had to. I had no choice. Marion knew - and she was always so much stronger. So much stronger than all of us.

And it worked, it really did! Marion saved all of us. The dagger - it saved Pugh and Larsen and Dillon. Carney and Stevens.

But Pugh saw - he saw and he didn’t understand. How could he? I tried to tell him - I ran over to him. But I couldn’t convince him otherwise, and he was so crazy - so crazy! He wouldn’t shut up and the golems were coming and the dagger - there was no choice.

Everyone was real somber that night. We lost Hitchcock and Marion and Pugh. Real somber. Later on, Carney found the book from a nearby chest. And it really all made sense - it did! I knew why Marion had that dagger and why I had to be the one to kill her. And Carney? He was too strong. I couldn’t risk him not understanding. He wouldn’t understand.

But Carney was big. Everyone else would’ve known. So that night, after I killed him, I went and took his body to the Altar. And I hid the Altar - right at the edge of the cliff, between two clusters of roots, in a cave underneath. And in that cave… I worshipped Her Concepts.

The rest? Well, they were so old and so tired. They were just gifts for N’kuhana. And She loved them.

Weshan.

Local audio transcriptions complete.

credit to Hopoo Games for the lore that i am shamelessly stealing for flavor you cant stop me im lazy but play risk of rain 2 its a good game

Day 2 has begun and will end at 2021-12-04T00:00:00Z, or sooner if majority is reached. The 50 post cap will be lifted at 2021-12-03T23:00:00Z.

With 11 alive, majority is 6.

You may now post.

2 Likes

PLEASE READ THIS POST

I don’t care if you agree or disagree, but I want you to feel what I felt, and understand the game from my perspective. I’m not looking to argue, I’m trying to be found. So if you can find me, please find me here. Thank you.

Day 1 starts, and I start pushing Leafia.

Professor takes a stance of immediately defending Leafia.
Several posts, but this is confirmed later on #56

Professor basically asks me what they can do to be town read by me.

I treat Professor with respect, giving benefit of the doubt regarding two subjects. The first being that I’m not going to tell them how to be town read, just play the game and if they’re town I will find them. Second, that I raise my concerns that it feels like they’re defending Leafia off of virtually nothing. #54

Aelin enters the thread, feeding off of my suspicion of Professor while simultaneously shading me in the same post, finishing up with a vote on Professor.

Professor starts developing town read vibes on Aelin.

If you skipped the beginning, start reading here

This is where Aelin posts about a particular conspiracy theory that caught my attention. At first I thought it was villagers paranoia, but I later revisited it in the day and again last night, and I see it completely different.

Aelin proposes the following:
A.That I am a wolf with Professor.
B.That Professor and I taking opposite stances on Leafia so that we appear unaligned.
C. Read this post, I think Aelin TMIs Leafia as Town.

Now I realize that at this point in the game, Professor has been getting heat. To me, this reads a lot more like Aelin trying to tie a potential early Professor flip to insinuate that I am Mafia with Professor. I did not realize this at the time, again, I even TOWNREAD Aelin for what I thought was paranoia.

This is where I realize something is suspicious between Aelin and Professor.

#

Professor makes a post saying that they don’t have TMI, then proceeds to state TMI that he’s saving Leafia. It rubbed me the super wrong way.

Then I notice Aelin quotes the same part, and gives a completely different reaction village reading Professor’s tone.

So like… that’s suspect. But I still haven’t put it all together yet.

It isn’t until this post that I remember to look back at Aelin’s conspiracy theory again.

Trochilidate village read me, and Aelin responds to her by shading me in post #239

What I got out of this was that Aelin was largely making up a lot of it, interpreting what I was saying in negative lights, instead of asking me for clarification. This felt a lot less like solving, and it felt a lot more like a misinformation campaign to smear my name to Trochilidae.

I explain, directly to Aelin my concerns above, as well as some clarifications in post #298

At this point I still think there may be some Town motivation for Aelin doing this. It thought MAYBE this is Aelin baiting Trochilidae for reactions.

Aelin’s response was completely devoid of reason in possibly reaction testing Trochilidae. Instead they act like I’ve offended them by speaking to them directly. It’s like I was just being straight up gaslighted. #299

So since Aelin’s post didn’t show me ANYTHING I could see Town reason coming from, I prod further in #301. I like to give as much benefit of the doubt because people do dumb things for no reason irrespective of alignment. This is like my third attempt at figuring out Aelin in a row.

Instead Aelin gives me this #304 So like… I don’t know what to do with this. It doesn’t address my concerns, it’s just another weird side step. So anyway, I’m go to the gym.

I’m reading along at he gym when I see an open coordination between Professor and Aelin, and at this point my paranoia alarm is going off, I can see this unfolding exactly like I thought, they could definitely be wolves together. So I post to make sure I don’t forget here #322

I explain more or less my my theory just so at least it’s in the thread #366

I do some minor analysis on who has been posting, who has been voting, who has been interacting, how have people been interacting, and I found Pigeon to have amongst the least voting and interaction diversity, I look into their ISO more and the result is this:
#367 This is my attempt at coordinating efforts so we can all unite under at least one main wagon that isn’t dictated by wolves or last minute whims.

Pigeon claims, the pigeon wagon dissipates, the cloned wagon gains traction, and there is no alternative counter wagon popping up. Stuff keeps happening on my end while this is happening. I spill my water bottle, my laptop dies, now I’m on mobile, and I’m trying to follow the wagons. There is no alternative wagon. So I’m thinking, okay, Cloned being a runaway wagon would just be Cloned is Mafia, and Mafia are jumping on late for credit here. No, why wouldn’t Mafia go for a counterwagon? Maybe this was a planned power bus? I don’t know what the heck is going on at this point but I have VERY VERY little time left #526

There is no reasonable counter wagon, and it would be dumb to vote Pigeon here, especially if there is a sneak blitz vote onto Pigeon, so I just go for Eli because they showed up at end of day and frankly they just annoyed me #532 All of our interactions were just bad. My main thought was, is Eli even reading the thread?

———————————

If you’ve read this, thank you very much, I appreciate it. If you have found me, please let me know. If you haven’t, I will be putting exceptional effort into today to where it will become impossible for anyone to not have found me.

Today I’d like to pressure Aelin, Professor, and hold EliThePsycho, and [b]Gorta[/v] accountable to play more.

/Vote Aelin @Host_Account_2

@Frog

@BradLand

@Aelin

@Squirrel2412

@illwei

@Leafia

@Magnus

@Gorta

@ElizaThePsycho

@Professor

@thepigeonnyc

@Trochilidae

I felt like shit after that mislynch especially because I couldn’t wrap my head around Pigeon being a wolf and not self-pressing on cloned until that late, but with that flip I’m vindicated and ready to go

/vote Trochilidae @Host_Account_2

I think the way they handled eod was incredibly meticulous and methodical. I think they didn’t want to get their hands dirty and knew what we were getting into with v/v wagons

this is all i see

yes
but i gained nothing because it was merely a light skim

Hmmm, you might be onto something with Aelin being a wolf, but I think I’ll wait and see how Aelin responds to this before deciding my thoughts on her.

I’ll have to ISO Trochi later to be honest to see if this has any merit.

Actually, I think I’ll do that now.

Voted Voters Votes
Aelin Frog 1/6
Trochilidae Professor 1/6
Not Voting BreadLand, Aelin, Squirrel2412, illwei, Leafia, Magnus, Gorta, EliThePsycho, Trochilidae 9

:joy_cat:

I also think Frog can and is likely to be mafia

His wallpost doesn’t help because I can already see a number of mistruths and misrepresentations that I will respond to later

Looking at what he’s actually done from my perspective is not a pretty sight - exclusively pushing villagers (me, Aelin, Leafia, Pigeon) yesterday, including a PR, and is now trying to push another 2 villagers

Tell me who else are villagers, please, TMI more

1 Like

greetings all, low-effort Soren has returned (though i wish it were under better circumstances). though…i feel incredibly vindicated to know i was right about something for once.

i am both of these things, and as such i view the game in that matter. now- why is a difference in the way we approach the game AI to you?
but oh, pardon me for not wanting to vote a very reasonable protective claim, and being frustrated that the other wagon was someone i would rather not have seen dead. i refuse to apologize for how we handled EOD.

additionally before i read the rest of this, don’t call me a girl. both applicable sets of pronouns were stated. she is neither.

@Frog

@BradLand

@Aelin

@Squirrel2412

@illwei

@Leafia

@Magnus

@Gorta

@ElizaThePsycho

@Professor

@Trochilidae

Everyone in the game, I bringing this to your attention.

Professor:

1. OMGUS
  2. Shades the long form of my post
  3. Basically calls me a liar - I literally included all of the quotes
  4. Claims that 1: TMI that all I’ve done is push villagers
  5. Claims that pushing villagers = wolf, despite literally just yesterday yeeting ClonedCheese

@Host_Account_2

/vote Professor

Has a buddying feel to it that I think feels a bit wolfy if you ask me.

I think his wanting to solve my slot is villagery. Sure, it could be faked, but it just feels like it comes from a villager.

He’s honestly correct here and him pointing that out is >rand v I feel. I’m not sure if a wolf would point that out.

More solving from him. I think it paints him in a good light honestly.

I probably was looking too deeply into it in hindsight and Trochi up to this point has been using his posts wisely and it feels like a genuine attempt to figure things out.

Not sure what he means by waffling but his frustration at no one engaging with him besides me feels villagery.

I doubt a wolf would be annoyed at being looked over like Trochi is.

One more point in Trochi’s favor is that he seems like he wants to draw his own conclusions on me instead of sheeping the wolfread on me that a lot of people had early in the day and with everything I’ve seen in Trochi’s iso, I’m fine with giving him a townread for now.