UFO Sighting Main Thread - Game Over (Aliens Win.)

oh no it is nobody did it this game yet though lmao

1 Like

blanket townread on rich

hes usually a book that gets opened when pushed though ngl

1 Like

tldr: I know nobody
I like rad

kingtroll is being underwhelming

goodnight fellow chronically online mafia players

1 Like

Timezones, amirite?

Has anyone heard of the Fermi Paradox? If thereā€™s a high probability of intelligent extraterrestrial life, on planets possibly much older than our Sun, surely these civilisations may have developed interstellar travel (I mean, weā€™re looking into it now, soā€¦), so why havenā€™t we been contacted yet? Or in other words, ā€œbut where is everybody?ā€

With fourteen players alive, Iā€™m assuming exactly three evils (or aliensā€¦) and between 0-2 neutrals until otherwise proven. Even with perfect nightkills and only misexes, D4 is only MYLO. So Iā€™m inclined to believe this claim, and anyone who rolefishes further is possibly evil trying to figure out whether they should nightkill Achro or not, before itā€™s too late.

In which case well played. Donā€™t get paranoid.

Remember in Morbtainado how I made a case on why you were evil because you obviously werenā€™t relaxed, and you just went ahead and said ā€œuh, noā€¦ Iā€™m super chill as evil. Itā€™s not stressful at all, what are you talking about?ā€

:popcorn:

I canā€™t disagree with Jarek. Leafia found an excuse to vote Jarek, and immediately used Jarekā€™s countervote as a springboard to start this back-and-forth. Iā€™m not entirely sure what this means, but it feels like Leafiaā€™s looking for reasons to be helpful, it doesnā€™t come across as natural.
Wait, someone else already said that later?

You didnā€™t initially vote Jarek to pressure him, you voted because Jarek made an obvious joke townread, so youā€™re justā€¦ lying here? I think?
Thereā€™s a lot here, but Iā€™m mainly cherrypicking at the moment because I donā€™t want a wallpost.

Since I was partnered with Gyr last game, I can tell you Gyr wonā€™t be online for hours and hours.

One minute between posts, that was speedy.
However, Iā€™m forced to disagree with your analysis. You see, I was a participant in the game of Flicker and you werenā€™t, and hereā€™s how w!Leafia played that game.

Leafia saying stuff as evil

(Was partnered with Phraze this game, since it isnā€™t obvious.)

In hindsight, Iā€™m guessing evils tend to theorise about the evil count earlier in order to avoid slipping later.

(Was also partnered with Atlas.)

(Was also partnered with Silly, aka Min.)

(Very similar excuse as Leafiaā€™s using now, voting Jarek.)

This keeps going on for pretty much all of D1, if youā€™re wondering. Leafia strongly bussed her teammate and was proactive, although she started slipping into her ā€œagreeableā€ wolf self around D2.

Anyway, Leafiaā€™s evil game has evolved, so it means nothing Achro. You coached her so well, itā€™s carried into other games.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m thinking: Jarek has a fairly reasonable counterargument, Leafia dug herself into a hole, Minā€™s here diminishing Jarekā€™s defence, although not in an AI way. @min do you believe Leafiaā€™s response was overblown?
It would be insane if Jarek and Leafia were w/w, but I donā€™t think Jarek plays that way?

Hereā€™s my reasoning: I donā€™t believe Jarek was misrepresenting your argument. You voted Jarek ā€œfor pressureā€ because he ā€œtownreadā€ Min for a really weird reason, which means if youā€™re good youā€™re still jumping the gun. Immediately you took Jarekā€™s OMGUS vote and used that as your argument, superseding the original pressure reason. Jarekā€™s not exactly wrong.

Help me out here. In Morbtainado Jaidenā€™s conclusion was correct, and Jarek isnā€™t being totally unreasonable. If anything, this reads like the pressure was mounting up and you wanted to back out, before you were executed or anything because of a vote you originally cast in RVS. The fact that you moved Jarek to nulltown lean would indicate you werenā€™t confident in your vote at all? Is that correct?
Moving on to voting Achro is respectable, although in light of the first post claim and how you said this earlier:

Iā€™m not sure what to think, but Iā€™m not feeling comfortable here.
I have a very simple question. @Leafia do you believe youā€™re playing outside your wolf range atm?

Tunnel me, please. If you dare.

I know Leafia has openwolfed as evil every recent game weā€™ve played together in, but I canā€™t remember if Leafia openwolfed in Kaguya. This is just a red flag.

Iā€™m going to say that if Alana flips wolf at any point this game, Iā€™m taking a closer look at Jarek and Leafia.

I will await townreads from the players pretending to read this and counterarguments from the people who actually did.

1 Like

Database updated

VOTE: leafia

1 Like

The pressure vote discussion from that game to this game is pretty copy/paste and the reason why i revoted leafia for the moment.

Willing to put her under sustained pressure to see what comes of it.

Finally someone acting like they are glad to be in a game with me. Hi @Magnus

2 Likes

Well, I dunno what to say besides I townread the shit out of you for this post and I read it all. I tend to be easily convinced by effort though. I have yet to be fooled by a high effort wolf, though I know they exist.

Tell me - how try hard are you as wolf?

2 Likes

I think the quotes Magnus provided were useful but I have to really look at them in comparison to what Leafiaā€™s presented in this game so far. I try to tone read that sort of thing to see if thereā€™s a difference and that takes some focused attention.

You seem quickly convinced though. Can you point out what grabbed your attention specifically?

1 Like

I say it here. The flicker pressure vote situation rings very similar to thia game and i dont recall leafia caring about pressure votes all that much in love is war from a quick glance.

But also i dont need too much of a reason to put pressure on a player like leafia. She is a good source of information and someone who is good to sort. All magnus did was let me know i was being too casual of my assessment of her.

2 Likes

Hey there. It sure is nice to be playing in the same game again.

Thatā€™s a difficult question. I have exactly one recent wolf game ā€” the last game before that was BOTC, which took place back in February. I did win that game, so I can clearly act good, but I canā€™t say I tried very hard that game.

Of course, I took a long break before Morbtainado, and Iā€™ve been playing differently since. My recent wolf game was '80s Wild Ride, a light bastard rolemadness where I was partnered with Gyr and Bean. Scumchat had nearly 900 posts, close to half of them being mine, and I was borderline town cleared D1 socially. We failed four nightkills in a row and I eventually stopped going for the win, claiming something really stupid to be funny.

In other words: itā€™s a coinflip. But it doesnā€™t matter, Iā€™m good this game. Trust me.

2 Likes

Frink is a slot I should take a good look at.
They made this post.

Which hasnā€™t gone anywhere so far.
This is the sort of slot in which I have trouble finding reasons to town read them.

1 Like

I will have a read on frink by eod1 probably. I have played with them before.

1 Like

Hello Magnus, how are you?
Iā€™ll read through your starting post, especially your take on the Jarek/Leafia argument earlier.

I hosted that game, and town potatoing two executions in a row is a bruh moment.

2 Likes

I am feeling good. Iā€™m feeling grounded, in fact.
How are you feeling, CRichard? Do you feel like your headā€™s in the clouds?

1 Like

@Magnus from my experience when scum call something v/v they are usually being honest for town cred in regards to leafia and jarek re:alana

1 Like

Partnering an evil player with a good player by calling them both good is one of the oldest tricks in the book, is it not? Itā€™s the reason why everyone remembers the rule of three.

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling good. As for your latter question, No.

2 Likes

Yeah but for some reason people love rule of 3s but not rule of 2s.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to keep that in mind.
Since someone else brought it up, Iā€™ve already been introduced to Min, Neon, Achro, KT, Leafia, Gyr, Litten, Jarek and CRichard, meaning I donā€™t know Porscha, Rad, Alana or FRink.

1 Like