2 Likes

gl gl see yall in hell

Day 3 Vote Count

Vote Target Voted by Votes
Leafia ElizaThePsycho, Marluxion, Lucky, Millium, Litten, Italy, Alkali 7/7
Italy Wisdom, Kiiruma 2/7
Litten Apprentice, Leafia 2/7
Not Voting Atlas, Frostwolf103 2

Everyone has 5 minutes to ping me with corrections.

1 Like

Leafia has been executed. She was:

Maya Fey

Mafia Channeller

“I have to be strong. For all the people that were there for me when I needed them.”

Spirit Medium (Passive): For as long as you are alive, dead members of the Mafia will be able to speak in Mafia chat.
Endurance Training (Passive): The first time you perform the factional kill, you will be protected from all kills except the execution tonight and tomorrow day.
Heir to the Master of Kurain (Night): Target a player. If they die tonight or tomorrow during the day, if they are Town-aligned, they will become a Treestump (capable of speaking, but not voting or using abilities), and you will additionally be neighborized with them. When you die, they will no longer be able to speak. Once you have successfully treestumped one player, you will lose access to this ability. (Infinite uses)
Reach parity with the Town.

With Leafia’s death, Prophylaxis’s spirit fades away! He may no longer speak in the game thread.

Night 3 begins and will end in slightly more than 24 hours, at 2022-05-25T20:00:00Z. Night actions, including Truth and Deception lists, are due two hours before the end of the night.

1 Like

To avoid issues with the thread exceeding 10,000 replies, the game is moving to a second thread. (This thread will be unlocked and slowmoded to allow for quoting.)

The new thread may be found here:

massping

@Alkali
@Frostwolf103
@Lucky
@Kiiruma
@Marluxion
@Litten
@Apprentice
@Italy
@Millium
@Wisdom
@ElizaThePsycho
@Atlas

Slightly under 12 hours remain to submit night actions and truth and deception lists.

EoD3 Flavor

(contains spoilers for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Case 2 and Justice for All Case 2)

May 25, 3:xx AM
District Court, Courtroom No. 8

“But turn your eyes to the valley; there we shall find
the river of boiling blood in which are steeped
all who struck down their fellow men.” Oh blind!

Oh ignorant, self-seeking cupidity
which spurs us so in the short mortal life
and steeps us so through all eternity!

- Dante’s Inferno, Canto XII, translated by John Ciardi

With the execution of an innocent and the death of another, the courtroom was on edge. The previous days had begun, at least, with people calmly stating their views, and escalated into accusations and personal attacks. This day began with accusations, and by an hour in half the courtroom was shouting at each other.

“Wait!” cried out a young woman at last. “I can’t say who the terrorists are, yet, but I think I have something that might help.”

She drew out a teardrop-shaped stone with a hole in the center, glowing a leafy green. “I’ve been letting my friend Nick borrow this, but he couldn’t be here today, and it was mine originally.”

She handed it to someone else in the courtroom, who looked at it with a furrowed brow. “What does it actually do?” he asked.

The woman gave him a piercing look. “It lets you see when other people are hiding things,” she said. “Their secrets appear as locks, shackling their mind in chains. In order to expose their secrets, you have to present them with evidence that shakes the core of the excuses they’ve wrapped themselves in.”

“Okay,” said the person she’d given it to. “So I just, hold it up, and – whoa.”

Before his eyes, chains wrapped themselves around the young woman’s arms. Four locks attached themselves to the chains. He stumbled half a step backwards, before catching himself. He had a job to do.

“Well?” said the young woman, giving him a mournful look. “You know what you need to do.”

He nodded. If I want to figure out what any of this means, the first thing I need to figure out is what she’s hiding. The obvious answer there was that she was one of the terrorists, but that didn’t make sense. Or, at the very least, he didn’t want to believe it made sense … but when he actually thought about the facts, it had started to fit together.

“I think you were involved with the plot to assassinate Arete, Geyde, and Arctic,” he said, his voice quavering. “I think that’s what you’re hiding.”

“Why would you say that?” she asked, tilting her head to the side.

The man frowned. The obvious answer was the fact that giant magical secret-detecting locks had appeared around her, but he wasn’t sure if using that as his evidence would be paradoxical. Still, that wasn’t the only piece of evidence he’d seen, and now that he’d caught a glimpse of the truth he couldn’t turn away from it.

“You said that your friend Phoenix couldn’t be here, so he gave this to you,” said the man. “But earlier, back on the first day, you didn’t say anything about Furio Tigre impersonating Phoenix. That only makes sense if you’re working together.”

One of the locks snapped, dissolving into dust. The woman didn’t break her gaze. “But why would I do that?” she asked. “I have no reason to be part of a terrorist plot.”

The man bit his lip. “I think you do,” he said. He pulled out scraggly newspaper clippings from his pocket, spreading them on the desk in front of them. “You’re Maya Fey, right? Twice now, you’ve been falsely accused of crimes that you didn’t commit. But both times, you’ve been framed by other witnesses at the scene – by the very sort of people who are supposed to decide the outcome of trials under the new system. I don’t think you would just accept that.”

Another lock snapped away, as Maya held her gaze. “But then why would I give you my Magatama?” she asked. “That’s as good as confessing, if your theory is true.”

The man frowned. This was a bit more speculative, but he thought he had a reasonable guess. “You felt guilty about what you’d done,” he said. “And I know that’s true, because – because you’ve been channelling the spirit of Sister Bikini. I don’t know if she was killed by you, or by someone else, but if you were really okay with what’s happening, you never would have done something like that.”

The third lock fell away, leaving a single remaining lock, directly over Maya’s heart. “So why not just confess?” she said. “Why go through this whole complicated process?”

The man met her gaze evenly. “Because you can’t,” he said. “That was one of the first things you said – ‘I can’t say who the terrorists are, yet’ – and I don’t think that was just a figure of speech. You made some sort of promise, and you can’t break it.”

The last lock shattered into a hundred tiny shards, and the chains fell away, leaving only Maya. She gripped the edge of the lectern she was standing in front of for stability, as she prepared to meet her fate.

“It’s true,” she said. “Everything he just said is true. I – I – I’ve been through this before, with my sister, with Doctor Grey – and I know that the, the new law, would only make things worse. I thought if I just joined up with this group, they told me they’d help fix it, as long as I promised not to tell anyone – and I trusted them, so I did – and the next thing I knew, they’d shoved a detonator into my hand. I never wanted anyone to get hurt.”

Maya was crying, now, and the person standing next to her seemed for a moment to reach out to touch her shoulder, before pulling her hand back, wincing. Seemingly oblivious, Maya kept talking. “I – I can’t tell you who the others are. I made a promise, and I can’t break it, literally can’t. But I know I’m going to die for this, and – I understand.”

She swallowed. “I’m sorry, Sister Bikini. I wish I could give you more time. But this is where my story ends, and that means this is where your story ends as well.”

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 2] - Day 5 (9/17)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 2] - Day 5 (9/17)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 2] - Day 7 (5/17)

i haven’t read this game before but i decided to skim parts of it and i found this post
chad

4 Likes

Yo, the post is telling you not to post, you nerd

i haven’t read this game before but i decided to skim parts of it and i found this post
chad

4 Likes