Players' Choice Invitational - Town Wins!

i’ll have to re-evaluate everything
but more relevantly to this game, hold on

wow i’m lying even now, it’s getting compulsive
actually it’s less about the good players and more about the pure “gutread” players being looked down upon for it and i didn’t want to be one of those people

Basically you gutread people and make up evidence so people trust you

yes

another aspect to it:

in the past, i’ve said that i often make up reads in the early-game to get the game going
that’s false

in fact it’s the other way around
my early-game reads are all 100% real and later when i find ways to explain reads i start making proper, reasoned reads and write off the earlier ones as made-up

ok sorc17

first two reads of the game.
both 100% real (and 100% correct).

also real.

also real.

all 4 were correct.

this is where i try to explain the marshal read and the explanation is made up

these are forced out because i feel pressured to give proper content

real (and also correct)
my real reads were actually on fire in that game

this is actually my real thought and i vividly remember having to defend it a lot in that game

So I wanted to think about something
What’s the likelihood that Marl would’ve been found as lw before d4

By mafia adding him, I mean

semi-real read
the bolding i did to explain to people so that part’s not real (at least mostly) but the read itself is real

real thought

real thought and i remember having to defend it a lot (including from arete themselves)

this is where i pretend i was toying around
i had it backwards the entire time and i’m admitting to it (and also admitting it to myself) only now

this is actually false
the copypasta this post refers to was posted purely for memes and not without a greater reason

mostly real

trying too hard to have a good read on arete
real mindset: i just saw a good wolfgame from arete so i wanted to push them bc i thought i was getting snowed already

i just wanted people to post but the strategic reason i gave is bogus, i just wanted to sound like i had a purpose / sound smart

rare moment of admission

i just wanted people to talk about hippo
me thinking he’s possibly mafia for wagonomics reasons was only included in this post to convince people they should think about his slot

i did think that at the time
changed my mind later fortunately

real read (and also correct)

should i keep going or is that enough for you

squirrel flipping town means the earlier theory about him being checked n1 probably holds true
i think wolves also likely would’ve checked ranta at some point
i think that if marl was found lw then it happened right as sulit died because i think wolves would’ve liked to know if ranta/squirrel are the lw

i won’t make up a reason why i think that this time, it’s pure speculation

Eh, I doubt your lying about most of your real thoughts being just “gutreads” so

speaking of this, another thing i often do is that i retroactively make up reasoning for my random nonsense to make myself look better and to potentially steer the thread in the direction i want

my theory about who the wolves checked is squirrel n1 (there’s actual evidence for that) and ranta n2
just based on gamestate things
so basically on nothing but my instinct in reading the game

n3 is irrelevant because sulit got shot that night

i didn’t expect this game to feature a grand vulgard confession but i guess it does now

I was hoping it would lead me to like “Marl and sulit combined would’ve probably made this” but it was Arctic who was always dying so

the problem with sulit is that she always dies in lylo if ranta and eli and squirrel all die too (which they probably would have since they are the easiest misyeets)
and whoever’s the last wolf would have to justify bringing her to lylo in the first place

the fact i got her shot with a single post is true but i agree that doesn’t necessarily make me town and i easily could’ve done that for credit

Or by not knowing
Much didn’t discrimate her from ranta