A Semi-Invitational Closed Game

Concept, Main Design, Flavor: orangeandblack5
Design Assistance, Co-Hosting: astand
Review, Co-Hosting: DatBird
Co-Hosting: Zone_Q11
Co-Hosting: Whysper
Support: Swordsworth
Inspiration: iaafr

Catgirls are unequivocally one of the most destructive trends in human history, and in recent years they’ve only gotten worse. The advent of the internet provided humanity with the capability to communicate with nearly anyone else on Earth in real time, opening the floodgates to levels of collaboration and scientific and cultural progress previously unimaginable. This network enables each and every human on the planet to take the time their ancestors spent mulling about waiting for the crops to grow and use it to learn new skills and put them to use to advance the entire human race… in theory. In reality, most people use the internet to actively avoid doing anything productive, meaningful, or worthwhile, with this millennia-old fad leading the charge.

By this point, everybody is trying to cash in on the idea of catgirls, with everything from Halloween costumes to video game cosmetics being dominated by cat ears and tails, mega-corporations making billions each year using fictional characters to separate fools from their wallets. We’ve been so caught up in the craze that we’ve neglected to pay attention to the hefty toll they have wrought on actual human lives. Reduced attention spans, social anxiety, depression, even the global rise in fascism - study after study has shown that catgirls are to blame, and yet the multimedia machine churns on, oblivious to the irreparable harm done to those it is purporting to please.

This is where you come in. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to become humanity’s last line of defense against the overwhelming hordes of knockoff catgirls. For only a true catgirl can show humans the error of their ways.

Rules

1: Due to the closed nature of invites and spectators, do not discuss this game anywhere outside of host-approved channels, regardless of whether you are a player, spectator, or none of the above. This includes discussing whether or not you were invited, even if you did not accept, until after the game has concluded. Failure to follow this rule will result in long-term blacklisting from any games by all involved hosts.

2: Follow the Global Rules and the Forum Game Rules. Seriously, read them again, we’ll be enforcing all of them.

3: Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully within 24 hours or at least twenty times in any given phase, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods or failing to respond to a prod within 12 hours will result in your removal from the game. Attempts to “prod dodge” by barely meeting this limit are discouraged. If something comes up that affects your involvement with the game, discuss it with the hosts before it becomes a problem.

4: Direct all questions to the hosts through your role card, not publicly in the thread, and do not ping the host account except for when you vote, as described below. We will not answer questions posed publicly.

5: It’s a game - have fun!

Gameplay

This game will be hosted by @orangeandblack5, with co-hosting by @astand, @DatBird, @Whysper, and @Zone_Q11. They will use the host account @Nyarchmage.

This game will be a closed rolemadness setup with minimal information and some elements that may be considered lightly bastard.

There will be an informed minority and an uninformed majority. There may or may not be “Lone Wolf” or “Traitor”-type roles. There may or may not be third party roles.

Days will be 48 hours long, and nights will be 24 hours long. Night actions will be locked 1 hour before daystart in order to give the hosts time to process them by SoD.

Players may not make more than 250 posts in any given day phase. This restriction will be lifted one hour before EoD. Players are responsible for policing their own posting to avoid going over the cap. New cap numbers for each player will be posted each night phase.

The informed minority will have access to an anti-claim ability. In particular, claiming or hinting at your flavor will be EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous.

Standard “slept peacefully” feedback will be given to any player who does not specifically get other feedback, including both successful non-investigative actions and those whose actions have been blocked.

Unless specified otherwise, no roles may self-target, including protective roles.

To vote someone, say “## /vote [Player_Name]” on its own line. To rescind your vote, say “## /unvote” on its own line. You may vote for nobody to be eliminated by saying “## /vote NoElim” on its own line. Ping the host account @Nyarchmage with all votes. Do not ping the host account otherwise.

The hosts will give current vote counts whenever they are available to do so. Votes will automatically be locked in at LyLo and may not be changed once placed. This will be announced.

Day 1 will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when day ends will be eliminated. Day 2 onward will have both majority and plurality enabled - if somebody is voted by a majority of the game, the day will end immediately in their elimination; if nobody has reached majority by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated.

In the case of a tie, the informed minority will determine which of the tied players is eliminated.

Example Role Card

Kyubey

Although whether or not your species even has genders is unconfirmed, you’re still pretty much a cat, and you mostly hang around girls, so… close enough?

Host Example

Example Card (Passive) - Because you are an example role card, you will not actually spawn in the game.

Contract (Day) - Get your target to sign a contract, adding them as a participant in this game. (Infinite uses)

Host (Night) - Compulsively carry out all the night actions your players use tonight. (Infinite uses)

You must ensure the game is not Canned.

Players

1: alana
2: Arctic
3: Arete
4: bladescape
5: Hippopablompoyeetus
6: Illwei
7: InternetStranger BS4215
8: JohnCarter
9: Kyubey
10: LASERpointer
11: Marluxion
12: Marshal
13: Millium
14: min
15: Mistyx
16: Moonwink
17: nightingale
18: nutella
19: Squirrel2412
20: Vulgard
21: Wazza
22: WindwardAway
23: Wisdom
24: Chloe

Living Players

@bladescape
@InternetStranger @BS4215
@Hippopablompoyeetus
@LASERpointer
@Millium
@Mistyx
@Wazza
@Wisdom

Graveyard
@Arete - Eliminated D1 - Katze, Town Backup Alignment Cop
@JohnCarter - Killed N1 - Kitty White, Town Swear Jar
@Vulgard - Killed N1 - Steffanie the Sabotager, Mafia Spectre
@alana - Eliminated D2 - Cassie the Corrupt, Mafia Jailkeeper
@nutella - Killed D2 - Zorua Luhansk, Town Parity Cop
@Marluxion - Killed N2 Catwoman, Town Mason Lover
@Chloe - Killed N2 Cheetah, Town Mason Lover
@Arctic - Killed N2 Elon Musk, Town Crypto-Bro
@Squirrel2412 - Killed N2 Panther, Town Neighborizer
@Marshal - Eliminated D3 - Artemis the Awful, Mafia Replacement
@nightingale - Killed N3 - Ankha, Town Tracker
@Illwei - Eliminated D4 - Fursuit, Town Arsonist
@Kyubey - Killed D4 - Ash, Town Even-Night Slankvig
@WindwardAway - Killed N4 - Nekomata, Town Demon
@min - Killed N4 - Bernkastel, Witch
@Moonwink - Eliminated D5 - Adult Cat Toys, Town Citizen
@Wazza - Killed N5 - Thorn, Town Odd-Night Spamvig
@Hippopablompoyeetus - Killed N5 - Angel the Abominable, Mafia Private Nye

Timeline

Start of Day 1
PSA on Voting
PSA on Postcapping
End of Day 1 - Arete is eliminated, Katze, Town Backup Alignment Cop
Player Substitution - InternetStranger is replaced by BS4215
Night 2 Results - JohnCarter died, Kitty White, Town Swear Jar; Vulgard died, Steffanie the Sabotager, Mafia Spectre
Start of Day 2
PSA on Majority And Night Lengths
End of Day 2 - alana is eliminated, Cassie the Corrupt, Mafia Jailkeeper; nutella died, Zorua Luhansk, Town Parity Cop
Night 2 Results - Marluxion died, Catwoman, Town Mason Lover; Chloe died, Cheetah, Town Mason Lover; Arctic died, Elon Musk, Town Crypto-Bro; Squirrel2412 died, Panther, Town Neighborizer
Start of Day 3
End of Day 3 - Marshal is eliminated, Artemis the Awful, Mafia Replacement
Start of Second Topic
Night 3 Results - nightingale died, Ankha, Town Tracker
Start of Day 4
End of Day 4 - Illwei is eliminated, Fursuit, Town Arsonist; Kyubey died,Ash, Town Even-Night Slankvig
Night 4 Results - WindwardAway died, Nekomata, Town Demon; min died, Bernkastel, Witch
Start of Day 5
End of Day 5 - Moonwink is eliminated, Adult Cat Toys, Town Citizen
Night 5 Results - Wazza died, Thorn, Town Odd-Night Spamvig; Hippopablompoyeetus died, Angel the Abominable, Mafia Private Nye
Start of Day 6
Game Over

This is a continuation from the first topic to prevent running over 10,000 posts.

As Discouse does not handle topics with 10,000 or more posts very well, please do not post in the old topic any longer. For your convenience, I have linked it below.

All players should be sure to turn on notifications for this new topic via setting it to “Watching”.

It is currently Night 3, which will end 2022-05-07T00:00:00Z.

@nightingale has been killed!

They were:

Ankha

Congrats to Kyo

Town Tracker

Micromanage (Night) - You’re tired of peasants being slow at their jobs. Each night, you may target a player to see who they visit, if anyone. (Infinite uses)

You must eradicate the Mafia.

She also requested pre-game that her confirmation message flip with her card and I don’t see why not so here’s that

i am unable to bear any longer that the serfs in feudal contracts with me, the duchess of the Nile provinces, consistently fail to provide to me the requisite amount of wheat. As a result, within the duration of each twenty-four hour long period spanning from the setting of the sun in the west to the rising of the sun in the east, I may select one of my serfs and observe whose establishments they frequent during that time.

im guessing that the “summarise your role” part is for the more complicated roles than “town tracker”

also 250 postcap

The spectator chat has provided their opinion on the identities of the Mafia!

@Millium and @Illwei will both require one fewer vote today to be eliminated!

@Kyubey has been trapped in the Purple Realm!

They will die at the end of the day!

New postcap total post amounts are all 250.

Remember, you are responsible for staying below your own postcap!

Massping

@bladescape
@BS4215
@Hippopablompoyeetus
@Illwei
@Kyubey
@LASERpointer
@Millium
@min
@Mistyx
@Moonwink
@Wazza
@WindwardAway
@Wisdom

1 Like

Day 4 Begins!

48 hours remain - day will end 2022-05-09T00:00:00Z.

I get to enjoy the benefits of being obvious town while still being alive today

the purple realm lmao

spec chat believes marissa was antispewing them r something?

hi chat im recovering from an anxiety attack so im going to only be vaguely around

/vote bladescape @Nyarchmage

wanna kill this today

The fact that I was poisoned though instead of night killed is pretty interesting
Maybe they were doc dodging?
Probably not
Maybe I’m wrong somewhere

millium antispew w also fairly likely imo

i’m at blade/mill/laser rn i think

TARGET VOTES VOTED BY
bladescape 1/7 Mistyx (#11)
Not Voting 12 bladescape BS4215 Hippopablompoyeetus Illwei Kyubey LASERpointer Millium min Moonwink Wazza WindwardAway Wisdom

bladescape being still alive with 3 votes is baffling, he must either be terribly wrong or outright mafia

I officially retract my trochi claim

wait why does the title say 13 if there are 14 people alive

nvm hosts edited the vc while i was looking at it

:wowee:

1 Like

Ima give wisp a serious read today because I remember thinking over night that it was probably likely that marshal was a w with wisp considering the fact that it didn’t seem like marshal was trying that hard to convince people and she made a very big wall post that had a lot of effort put into it

1 Like