Poor Approximations of Catgirls - Thread 1

Huh… it didn’t handle the quoting correctly. I’ll just leave my response to the post out of it to see if it helps:

okay so you think marl is town because he’s shutting down townreads on people?..
i think he is town too but this isn’t really why lol
even though i agree marl is the sort of wolf to just nightkill stronger players i don’t think this means wolf him wouldn’t bother trying to make sure they don’t get away with free townreads, but ii kinda get it

It’s a shallow townread (which is why I prefaced the read by saying ‘first impression without touching his ISO’), but yes, I find it towny from him. Yeah, I agree that he also wouldn’t stronger players get free townreads, too, but I feel like him being scared of us is a theme I keep on seeing rather just a one-time use reason to dissuade people from townreading us too easily.

1 Like

nya
going to be limited doing stuff basically until eod
feel like vomiting anyway so fun

1 Like

Sorry to hear. ;-; Hope you feel better!

Oh, you mother fucker. XD

/vote Marluxion @Nyarchmage

1 Like

what

wolfy take

3 Likes
TARGET VOTES VOTED BY
Arete 5/12 Arctic (#1362); LASERpointer (#3152); Marshal (#3019); min (#3544); nutella (#2829)
Marshal 4/12 Arete (#3398); Vulgard (#3545); Wazza (#3490); WindwardAway (#3463)
Squirrel2412 5/12 bladescape (#2877); Mistyx (#2179); nightingale (#2895)
Wazza 2/12 Hippopablompoyeetus (#2824); JohnCarter (#166)
nutella 1/12 Marluxion (#3390)
Wisdom 1/12 Kyubey (#3541)
InternetStranger 1/12 Illwei (#2524)
Marluxion 1/12 Moonwink (#3605)
Not Voting 5 alana; InternetStranger; Millium; Squirrel2412 (#566); Wisdom (#3420)

I’d be purrfectly pleased to oblige! Were I not on a time crunch nya~ have this for now since it is important

Discussion Mode: Engaged
I am aware Marshal is a decent wolf. I am aware that she is good pushing agenda and making herself townread. On the other paw what I think would be very hard for w!Marshal to fake are some of her smaller precise melds with me the moment they happen and her blithe carefree tone when interacting with me. Marshal is not scared or nervous to do so in the slightest when she knows I can read her well.

Nya I know that there were never many people I could be wrt to this specific gimmick how I’m playing with it and the meta I have but can we pretend I’m not outed it’ll make me very amewsed
:joy_cat:

I see it’s that time meow that Vulgod is an IC!
Contrarian takes are to be met with full LASER force :3

you still probably are the most? but it doesn’t feel like a perfect fit
this game doesn’t seem to really have an established town leader because most of the top posters are either suspected and/or doing their own thing

this is unironically wolfy
if JC is a wolf and we’re in something like arete v marshal w (also applies to any counterwagon, really) it makes sense that wolf JC would be encourage arete to waste their vote on a JC vanity wagon to reduce the likelihood of a wolf counterwagon going over
i guess the villa motivation behind this post would be to stop wolf arete having a meaningful vote but i think it’s unlikely he’d expect wolf arete to actually listen to this, just doesn’t really feel genuine

@JohnCarter when postcap is lifted, do two things for me
explain your marshal and arete reads in detail
explain what the point of this post was

Alright, cool. This post contradicts what I thought.

Where’s that towny paranoia-fueled fear that you showed towards JC later on and towards me, Wisdom, and Katze?

good morning I’m not reading this

(jk i will but im not happy about it)

Actually, I’ll be fair here and say that Marl WAS actually expressing a concern that there was a wolf between Min and JC right before that post. With that said, I don’t get the sense that he’s as paranoid about JC as he is with me. XD

this feels wrong
you’re townreading her because you’ve melded with her? aside from the fact that this read never usually works, in particular given your experience with marshal she’d likely be aware of the things you’d pick up on and it’s clear from her interactions that she’s been trying to pocket you regardless of her alignment, so with this in mind i’d consider it likely that these melds are deliberate if she’s a wolf, and she’s more than certainly capable of doing so

marshal is also just generally not a nervous wolf imo, she’s not scared to do whatever if she thinks it will help her win and i’d expect you to be aware of this

this is kind of disappointing given the apparent strength in this read

2 Likes

man i wish voting between marshal and Arete was simple

i actually may be changing my mind on her in this direction just based on a couple replies to me that are like sideline commentary about post volume (and some illwei meta discussion) idk she seems kinda detached

(the funny part is i’ve never played links awakening, i just can’t envision how it could possibly compare to the goated 3d games :joy_cat: )